Losing faith in the organization

by parakete 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Ticker
    Ticker

Welcome to the board. Hypocrisy abounds in the organization, even more so in the higher levels. The unchristian behavior in the congregations is basically a manifestation of the whole spirit of the org.. It just filters its way down from above.

Ticker

• Neo
    Neo

Hi, parakete!! Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing more posts from you.

There are a couple of threads on JWD you may wanna read:

Welcome again!

Neo

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Welcome Parakete.

This is a great learning environment. Happy reading and hope to "hear" from you soon!

W.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Parakete: I understand exactly how you feel. The reason they behave this way is because they already feel "saved" because they are knocking on doors. I guess they feel this covers a multitude of sins. Now, they will never actually say this to you but I do believe they feel this way in their hearts. I also am sick of the attitude that you cannot criticize the elders. I have noticed over time that they are gradually "elevating" themselves higher and higher. LHG

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

welcome parakete!

• wiegel
    wiegel

Welcome Parakete! Hang around, you will find a lot of people here who understand.

Trudy

• Farkel
    Farkel

Parakete,

: I do believe that there is a God Jehovah, but I began to doubt if The Watchtower is truely his organization.

Yes. I would like to challenge you to find (or ask any JW to find) a SINGLE reference in the Bible where God worked his will through an entity known as an organization, or gave instructions through an organization, as opposed to working his will through individuals only. You won't find it.

God has always worked through individuals according to the Bible itself. All of the prophets, including Jesus were individuals who had no "organization" that worked in a collaborative way Yes, Jesus had disciples, but they were not an "organization." They were followers of His, who learned from Him and did as he instructed. God worked through Jesus and his disciples worked through him, too.

Keep questioning everything, including what I just said. It is the only way for you to determine the truth about the WTS for yourself.

Farkel

• Dogpatch
  • Bryan
    Bryan

Parakete,

Welcome! You've come to the right place to get real information.... and no, we didn't hack into the United Nations website

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Berean
    Berean

Parakete

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit