by writegirl 34 Replies latest jw experiences

• writegirl
    writegirl

I forgot to mention that the reason I was raised by my dad and not my mother is because he used to beat her and she left him before he killed her. I was eighteen months old. He told her if she tried to take their four children he would find her and kill her. She believed him. I did not find any of this out until I was between eighteen and twenty and I finally sat my mom down and asked her what happened. We had a very tearful afternoon and suddenly everything made sense after I heard her side. The only unfortunate thing is that my mother doesn't see the connection between everything that happened and the witnesses. (She was DF'd while my dad remained in good standing) She is a faithful witness and we no longer have a relationship, in part because I am DF'd (she was reinstated years ago) and in part because every time I talk to her all she can do is ask me when I'm coming back. It's frustrating because I love my mother. She is the mildest, sweetest woman I know. Great qualities that have also been hindrances because she lets people walk all over her.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Welcome writegirl!

Glad you stumbled on.....it's good to find out the truth about the troof? isn't it?!

Kate

• Heatmiser
    Heatmiser

Welcome writegirl

• Bryan
    Bryan

Glad to see you found us writegirl!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hey there, Hi there, HO there !!!! WELCOME !

• fairchild
    fairchild
    I sincerely believe most of these people are good people, just blinded by a religion that does not encourage free thinking.

Yes, that is so true.

Welcome writegirl. Make yourself right at home, my dear.

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Writegirl good to meet you! Hope to hear more of your thoughts.

GBL

• curlygirl
    curlygirl

welcome to the board!

I'm looking forward to hearing more of your story.

Curlygirl

• clementine
    clementine

welcome writegirl!!! feel at ease here!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Welcome.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit