The Trinity!

by ((Omega)) 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tyre
    Tyre

but you will find that Jesus is God in your NWT.

btw, if you knew Greek, answered it below.

The NWT translates the Greek words "ego eimi" (

alt

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

Just to add a little mix to this - the Mormons Believe: The trinity is 3 seperate individuals. Jesus IS Jehovah. The Elohim (Gods) created the earth and that god is a title - hence it is also possible for us to become gods through progression and learning to become like our Father. Just to really mix it - Jesus and the Holy Spirit are our brothers (yes the Holy Spirit is male) , we are all related because we were spiritually born before coming to earth (see Genesis 2) and that family relationships formed on earth can continue if we want them to in the next part of our life after death. Unfortunately I won't be able to fight very strongly from the bible as that is confused by mistranslation and deliberate inconsistencies (though I can give it a go if anyone is really interested) but the real clarity of this is through our additional scripture and a living prophet.

• Tyre
    Tyre

Just wants to add a little, in mormon believe systems Jesus and Lucifer are brothers.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

To the Great JW Ben If you want to "demonstarte the correctness of the NWT". You will have to start with the scholarship, and that would be impossible, because you don't know who translated the NWT. ( It shows signs of demonic influence when compared to other demonic translations like the Greber Bible. So lets get back to the trinity.)

Also tho the person that asked about who raied Jesus (the same person that said this is some debate...) God raised Jesus. It is a dangerous line to yake when one text is taken out on its own to try to prove a point. The context of the Bible will show that Jesus could rightly say "I will raise myself" and be refering to his father.

I can read English and when Jesus said "I will raise it up" we seem to agree that "I" meant "myself". For me this is a strait forward declaration of Deity. So, when Jesus used the word "I" He did rightly refer to God, Just as Paul referred to God, when he used the word "Spirit" in Romans 8:11 and when he used the word "Father" Romans 6:4 Not to mention the problems for Watchtower doctrine in Galatians 1:1 "Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;) " Problem being, that the Watchtower teaches that Jesus was just a man.

I want someone game enough to take me on so that I can demonstarte the correctness of the NWT and that the Trinity doctrine is not found in the Bible.

Sorry, if I'm not "game enough" to take you on.

To the person that said...

(the person is) D Dog

• Ianone
    Ianone

Smartest thing I have seen you try Kenneson

Still,

I think you hit it on the head. That's why Jesus is called the Good Shepherd (John 10:11, 14) because he is good. Since he is said to be sinless (Heb. 4:15), that would indeed make him good. The question to the young man is why do you call me good, if you don't believe I am God?

Too bad you didn't have this much knowledge when it comes to foreign affairs.

• Ianone
    Ianone

try = type, sorry for the typo

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

Interlinears are good for little else than an intermediate study of Greek. It amazes me that the John 1:1 "difference" between the NWT and the KIT is still so championed by trinitarians. I have questioned many a teacher of trinitarianism and found them to be absolute nincompoops or outright liars.

Given that the trinity has its own self-inherent logic, it has certain value. However, Greg Stafford's JW apologetic book(s) do (does) an excellent job determing the meanings (yes plural) of passages such as John 1:1, John 20:28, John 8:58, et al. Get his book or find his online debates. If I were to believe in Jesus again I would be a non-trinitarian Catholic and lean towards the concept that Christ had his origin at birth. But the whole story is so full of holes it's impossibly difficult (at this stage in my spiritual journey) to accept any of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit