The Trinity!

by ((Omega)) 56 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Isis, Osiris and Horus

• ((Omega))
    ((Omega))

BTW, How do I receive notification of replies, because my inbox was blank, I had to manually check to see if someone responded.

I forgot to post my refutation to Ianones, who supports the false theology of modalism:

John 6:38 - For{hoti}I came down{katabaino}from{ek}heaven{ouranos},not{ou}to{h ina} do{poieo} mine own{emos}will{thelema},but{alla}the will{thelema}of him that sent{pempo}me{me}.

Two separate wills!

John 8:17 - {kai}It is{grapho also{de}written{grapho}in{en} your{humeteros}law{nomos}, that{hoti}the testimony{marturia}of two{duo}men{anthropos}is{esti}true{alethes}.

Two testomines, Jesus said that the tesimony of 2 persons were True, if Jesus was the Father then His testimony would be false!

John 5:31 - If{ean}I{ego}bear witness{martureo}of{peri}myself{emautou}, my{mou}witness{marturia}is{esti}not{ou}true{alethe s}.

Once again, if Jesus was the Father in another mode, then He would still be bearing witness of HIMSELF!

John 17:24 - Father{pater}, I will{thelo}that{hina}they also{kakeinos},whom{hos}thou hast given{didomi}me{moi},be{o}with{meta}me{emou}where{ hopou} I{ego}am{eimi};that{hina}they may behold{theoreo}my{emos}glory{doxa}, which{hos}thou hast given{didomi}me{moi}:for{hoti}thou lovedst{agapao}me{me}before{pro}the foundation{katabole}of the world{kosmos}.

If Jesus became the Son at the incarnation and had pre-existed as the Father before the incarnation, then it would not be possible for the Son to have shared the Love and Glory with the Father BEFORE the "Foundation of the World!"

Can't wait to see Ianones rebuttal:

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

So God spent all night in prayer to himself to ask himself for help

• ((Omega))
    ((Omega))

stillajwexelder, whats your point?

Your trying to compare three pagan created gods, to a God who is ONE BEING uncreated and existing as three eternal persons. Before you or anyone here on this forum try to accuse the Trinity doctrine as heresy or a lie, first refute the Biblical truth that I have presented using SCRIPTURES, If you cannot, then your theology is false. If you or Ianone can disprove me, then I will admit to trinity being false, however I do not see this happening.

• stillajwexelder
  • ((Omega))
    ((Omega))

stillajwexelder, If yuo have nothing to contribute to this argument then why bother posting. I never said that Jesus prayed to Himself, if you take the time to read my posts, you will see that I clearly stated that Jesus and the father are NOT the same person. However the Son possesses Deity just as the Father. Now are you going to contribute anything constructive or make an attempt at disproving me?

• stillajwexelder
  • stillajwexelder
  • stillajwexelder
  • ((Omega))
    ((Omega))

In this series I hope to discuss some common verses used by the Watchtower to "disprove" the Trinity and deity of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The first one is 1 Corinthians 8:6:

"But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him."

The Watchtower reasons that since the Father is the one God and is separate from the one Lord Jesus that Jesus could not also be God. However by this same reasoning since Jesus is called the one Lord then the Father could not also be Lord. Yet the Bible in many places calls the Father "Lord". If the Father can be Lord even though the passage calls Jesus the one Lord, then it also stands to reason that Jesus can be the one God also.

In fact Jesus elsewhere is called both Lord and God. John 20:28

"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God."

Taken in context this verse (1 Corinthians 8:5-6) actually establishes the full deity of both the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

1 Corinthians 8:5-6

5: For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
    6: But to us there is but one God, the Father, [Thus the Father must be the one true God Jehovah] of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, [Thus Jesus must be the one True Lord Jehovah] by whom are all things, and we by him.

Psalm 136

1: O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.
    2: O give thanks unto the God of gods: for his mercy endureth for ever. (Applicable to the Father 1 Cor. 8:6)
    3: O give thanks to the Lord of lords: for his mercy endureth for ever. (Applicable to the Lord Jesus 1 Cor. 8:6)

Deuteronomy 10

17: For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Both the Father and the Son are God of Gods and Lord of Lords both are God both are Lord. 1 Corinthians 8:5-6 is showing that though there are those who are "called" gods and lords (idols in this context), for the Christian there is only one God Jehovah and one Lord Jehovah.

Do you know what that has proved? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!

Do I have to repeat myself, scroll down to where I posted the maening for the word "ONE" and you will see that it is ONE IN UNITY, not in number. I find it amusing how this person pulled a few verses out of scripture and disregard the rest. The Son is called BOTH LORD AND GOD, THE FATHER IS CALLED BOTH LORD AND GOD, what is His point?

The SCRIPTURES teach that Christ is God, and that the FATHER is God, and that the Holy Spirit is God. I have CLEARLY Pointed out the distinction of the Son from the Father, unless someone can refute me, each reponse I have gotten is useless and have proven NOTHING!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit