Did you feel guilty when you did your first post on the forum???

by Es 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

Guilt works only on those who have a conscience. That ain't me.

• parakete
    parakete

Yes, i felt guilty, but after realizing the number of people who reply and share the same feeling as i do, i'am more comforted.

• prophecor
    prophecor

I didn't feel guilty posting, I was terrified, however, to look where we had always been told not to venture. If anything the truth about the truth hadn't truly quite hit me yet. I was in a state of shock for the most part. As time grew, I found it necessary for my own sanity to post.

• Es
    Es

Yeah I guess the thought of apostosy didnt even enter my mind when i was reading and posting

es

• Pwned
    Pwned

not really, just afraid (still am) that some how my parents will find out, pretty pathetic i guess since i moved out 10 yrs ago, am married, kids etc.

• onacruse
    onacruse

Hello Es, and my belated welcome to ya!

I didn't feel guilty; I felt scared, almost scared out of my gourd! In fact, my 'handle' is proof of that: I meant to spell it "onacruise," but forgot the "i"; and so it stands. LOL

Anyway, I posted from day one...what the heck, just jump in with both feet, right up to the elbows.

Lot's of great things happened as a result!

Craig (and my wife Kate, aka "bikerchic")

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I already knew I had been ripped off by the WTBS by the time I found the site and posted.

Coming here was like a breath of fresh air. It was only a few days after I had realised what had happened to me and one of my first posts was a vent that was deleted by the mods.

It felt good.

Chris

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Didn't feel guilt, but I was as scared as hell.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

No. I had already been a member of an all women's exjw board for over a year.

• wiegel
    wiegel

No, I did not feel guilty when I made my first post.

However, I "lurked" for four years before I posted. I WAS terrified during the first few months that someone somehow was gonna track me down by my IP address.

More than the TMS ever did, this forum is helping me learn how to express what I believe and how I feel and how to have an open mind toward those with whom I disagree.

trudy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit