Did you feel guilty when you did your first post on the forum???

by Es 30 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Strangely - NO. It felt liberating

• talesin
    talesin

No guilt. Just blown away to find others. The emotions were mixed. Kinda stunned, relieved, afraid of stalkers, and I felt that I had found 'my tribe'.

t

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Yep I felt guity.

Not no mo

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

No guilt at all as far as joining any discussion forum or debating society

For me it was just a couple of days' worth of surfing and I jumped in. I faded away a long time ago so its more a curiosity thing (and a desire to learn) for me, but the word "apostate" is one that does make me think twice (still!!!!) when deciding whether or not to listen to someone or read their work! So, there is still some "residual porgramming" in there somewhere.

That and the quality of the posters I've read so far led me to jumping in so "quickly". (interesting topic idea, particulary for post departure behaviours for people like me)

W.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

I didnt at first...heck it did not realise it was considered apostate, when I did realise I changed my name to Thinking, and now I don't care. This site has helped me alot.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I wouldnt say I felt guilty but I was a little apprehensive for fear of personal recriminations against my family who are still JW's; my own view mirrors most of those on this site and I found it amazing that others had been through the same sort of stuff I had, I felt that I was no longer unique in this way and that bad things were afoot in the WTS, so glad I got out when I did.

Hope you enjoy yourself on here, and hope to see you around.

G

• Shania
    Shania

I must admit I did. My hands were literally shaking as I signed on. But my hubby sat right next to me and said "this will help you in healing and you have alot to share to help others." So 3 weeks later the shakes are gone but the guilt still is in my heart and head. Though I appreciate everything I get out of this forum it will take time for the saddness and guilt to leave.

• cindykp
    cindykp

I think I posted the first day I joined! Too much as a matter of fact. I supose that slows down after a while. I didnt feel guilty.

Cindy

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

I didn't feel guilty, I was just afraid no one would like me...I read so many very smart, supergenius posts by some of the more intelligent people on here and I feld a bit intimidated.

Must have been old dub issues...I'm glad everyone is so nice here!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Yes, I did feel very guilty. In fact, my heart was fluttering. In a way I feel sad because the "Truth" meant so much to me at one time. I would never have seen myself doing this! But when I found out about their history I feel I was deceived coupled with what I personally experienced I felt I could no longer feel the same about them. In fact, most of what I found out about them I already knew or suspected. LHG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit