Did you feel guilty when you did your first post on the forum???

by Es 30 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Hello all, hope everyone is well,

as i read many posts there seems to be many that "closet" read and it isnt till many months or even years that they actually post something. Was just wondering how long it took other people to post and did they feel guilty?

I know with myself my ex hubby rang me up told me to look at this site and I've never looked back, I joined it there and then and started posting.

es

• Ticker
    Ticker

I was a steady observor but only posted untill over a year and a half of first visiting here.

Ticker

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

No, I wasn't guilty. I didn't hold any illusions about the WTBTS when I first came upon this site.

• Aude_Sapere
    Aude_Sapere

I started posting within a few days of finding this site. The amazing thing is that it took me years to even look up Jehovah's Witnesses on the net for fear of stumbling on an apostate site even though I was inactive for so long.

I felt guilty doing the intitial search. By the time I found JWD I was ANGRY. It became NECESSARY to post.

I joined because I wanted to see what was posted in the 'Private' section!!

Posting came easy after that. Within 3 or 4 days of internet surfing on JWs I had learned so much and was so angry for having believed a lie for decades.

I still haven't told many family members that I post here. Father knows and he's the one that I loaned ISOCF to. (Wouldn't have gotten the book if not for JWD).

• Sassy
    Sassy

when I made my very first post, I knew I was never going back.. so did I feel guilty? no way.. not for a minute

• Es
    Es

I must not have a conscience anymore heheheh but like many of you I was well and truly ova the truth when i got on this site, its the best thing

es

• Honesty
    Honesty

Why should I feel guity?

The evil bastards on the Governing Body of JW's are the ones who should feel guilty for the lies and atrocities they have committed in the name of God.

• kls
    kls

Guilt ,no, i felt that a huge burdon had been lifted off me because i found a place that others knew what i was going through and was no longer alone.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

I had lurked a long time.

Anger rage and frustration at what the WT did to my life moved me.

I wanted to vomit. I wanted to sob with frustration and disappointment. I was terrified my JW relatives would find out and reject me. I felt utter disappointment that all the thing I had drummed into me were just chaff in the winds of WTS change.

The WT should be called "I Ching" Book of changes. that's the only thing you can be sure of with that religion.

HB of the closet aposto class (for family reasons)... That in itself says much about them don't it?

• kazar
    kazar

Yes, I did feel guilty. It took a few weeks of lurking before I posted. After that, it was all relief.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit