2 year old shot in head by 4 year old. (Houston, TX)

by kwintestal 63 Replies latest social current

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/1110737306940_2/?hub=World

Toddler shot by 4-year-old brother: Texas police

Associated Press

HOUSTON ? A two-year-old was shot by his four-year-old brother, who may not have known the difference between a real gun and toy one, police said.

The two-year-old, who suffered a single gunshot wound to the temple, was in critical condition Saturday night at Ben Taub Hospital. The shooting occurred Saturday afternoon at a home in southwest Houston.

Police Sgt. Cameron Grysen said the boys had been arguing when the younger one threw a toy at his brother. The mother thought the boys had returned to their room, but they had instead gone to her room, where the older boy took a loaded gun from the woman's purse.

"The four-year-old was angry.... He went and got the gun, put it to his brother's head and shot the gun," Grysen said.

The mother told police she had the .32-calibre automatic to protect her family because of recent neighbourhood burglaries, and that Saturday was the one day that she did not secure the weapon. She could face criminal charges.

Authorities said the four-year-old didn't seem to understand what he had done.

"He's wondering where his brother is, and when his brother's coming back," Grysen said.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

When will parents learn? F$*K*$g idiots.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It's the heat and the humidity. Don't ever let anyone tell you otherwise.

• Simon
    Simon

Great parenting ... how does he know to go get the gun if he's angry? Is that what mommy does?

Reasons not to have loaded handguns around the place ...

But hey, thank god for the right to bear arms eh?! Maybe Charlton Heston can get some air-time for it ...

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Very sad... that kid is going to be messed up when he grows up. Gonna have all sorts of guilt issues.

• Valis
    Valis

The right to bear arms is not the issue here Simon, so don't even try. Gun safety is the issue and not a political one. If you think people living in horrid places won't protect themselves legally or otherwise you are not thinking straight. That is a global notion, not one restricted to the United States. Wouldn't matter if you were in the jungles of the Yucatan and had a machete next to the bed...one kid grabs it and kills your other child, it is still your fault allowing access to a weapon. Tragedies waiting to happen.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Valis, I would just like to say it is much psychologically easier to kill with a gun. Look at England, no handguns, barely any handgun deaths, certainly not as much as in America.

• joannadandy
    joannadandy

This isn't even a gun issue really - it's that a four year old has somehow gotten the message that if I'm pissed off guns/violence can solve my problems. Sick and sad.

This family will be shattered for a long time to come.

• bisous
    bisous

Another case supporting gun control. Since the owners cannot responsibly manage their rights, the government should.

• FMZ
    FMZ

And I guess they should take cars off the road too, eh? They kill a lot of people due to idiots who don't know how to control it, so why not take them away? I mean, a car has it's uses and all, but so does a gun.

Sorry Bisous... it's not personal...

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit