I'm soooo pi$$ed.....need help..

by morty 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Special K
    Special K

Hey Morty..

Jestsgo is plastered all over our Canadian News ..

Sorry, you were one of the unfortunate ones.

Got this from a site at Google:

Transport Minister Jean Lapierre, speaking at a news conference in Ottawa, said the airline industry in Canada is competitive, and there is little he can do to help stranded passengers.

He said some ticket holders may be able to get refunds, depending on how they booked their flights.

VISA Canada and MasterCard have both said they would refund the tickets. Travel agencies in certain provinces also have policies in place to compensate travellers.

Try a google search and see if you can find anything useful

I punched in " Help for Jetsgo Customers"

love

Special K

• Sassy
    Sassy

I am sooooooo sorry Morty.. this so bites!!

I guess this is why I never book through unnamed airlines.. I've never heard of that one.. was it a charter airline?

• Scully
    Scully

Morty, if you purchased your tickets with a credit card, your credit card may have travel insurance on it for this kind of thing. Check it out.

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    I guess this is why I never book through unnamed airlines.. I've never heard of that one.. was it a charter airline?

No, we've got a few new Canadian airlines that are only allowed to work inside Canada. This particular company was continually trying to undercut the competition ($1 fare, etc.) and it lost too much money doing it. Another new one is Harmony Airlines, which used to be called HMY; the former Finance Minister of BC, Gary Collins, will be the head of that company.

• Mary
    Mary

Morty, I hate to say this, but you don't wanna hang from the end of a rope waiting for a refund, because you won't get it......I know, because I got screwed royally through an insurance company several months ago. The company was called Myrtie Rose and they offered some extra heath benefits. I paid the bastards $97.00 a month for 2 months and they went belly-up. What pisses me off, is that they have the balls to accept our money when they know full well that they're going to go bankrupt and our stupid laws allow this.

I'll never see that money again and there's not alot I can do about it, unless I find out where the guy who was in charge lives, and I can go beat the living snot out of him..........

Try Air Canada and explain to them what happened. I saw on the news today that they're trying to help those that got screwed by Jetsgo.

I hope there's a special place in hell for scum who knowingly rip the public off like this.

• simplesally
    simplesally

Your debit card probably has a Visa or Mastercard logo on it, call Visa or MC instead of your bank and see if that helps.

• fairchild
    fairchild

Wow, this really sucks, yuck. I wish you good luck and hope you will get your money back. This is so not right!

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Debit cards in Canada are quite different then the ones in the US, different rules apply.

Morty, I worked for CIBC for a while a couple of years ago. As I recall, there is a form that your branch would have that will reverse the payment. Someone at telephone banking may not know about it so I would discuss it directly with the branch manager. It may be a similar form to one used for Pre-authorized payments. Like I said, it was over 2 years since I worked there so I may be out of date but I hope this helps.

I'd be pissed too! Good luck!

Kwin

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

I'm so sorry.

That is another reason why I ALWAYS use a Credit card like Visa on major purchases, they can take the money back.

• morty
    morty
    Debit cards in Canada are quite different then the ones in the US, different rules apply.

Thanks Kwintestal for explaining this.....

There is no Master or Visa sign on my card...This card is dirrectly from my bank or Credit Union I should be saying....

When you use your card, it comes dirrectly out of your account as soon as you punch in that pin number.....It is something like an instant teller card, except there is no teller....Instead of the teller giving you money from our account and telling if you can or cannot take that much money out of your account because of your balance, a computer does a quick job with a pin number and see's if there is enough money in the account to make the purchase.....It is just like paying in cash....

I am going to the bank today, but it is not looking good, as my debit card it considered a "cash" payment according to the air line and the Canadian Transportaion Agency....

I even went as far as to write a "To Whom It May Concern" letter to all the travel air lines and travel agencys in hopes that someone would honer my air line tickets, but no such luck...I suppose everyone and their sister's tryed the same thing....

Thank-you all for your advice.....

Morty of the kicking stones class...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit