I'm soooo pi$$ed.....need help..

by morty 39 Replies latest jw friends

• morty
    morty

I hope someone can help me with this one...........................

I finally got the money together to take a holiday to see my sister out west. I also booked this flight to have my son come along with me as he has never flown before...He was soo excited and so was I.We planned a 8 day trip for the March break and planned on finally seeing the mountains and checking out the biggest mall in the world....

We booked our flights and used my debit card to purchase the tickets and 10 hours later, the company we booked the tickets with ( Jetsgo) went bankrupt!!!!!!

They are now saying I am S.O.L. in getting my money back or a flight.....

http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp;jsessionid=MIOMDHCFIOIO?content=20050311_173002_5560

Does anyone know, if I can do anything about getting my money back or if another air-line has to honer our tickets??? When I try to call the Canadian Transportaion Agency I cannot get through as it is has been busy now for two days. There is no website now for Jetsgo nor is there anyone to talk to on a phone because no one is there now....

I have been screwed I think, and I was not even kissed!!!!

Thanks for your help in advance.......

• Valis
    Valis

can your bank reverse the charges or stop payment?

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Yeah, you are screwed, if you booked through a travel agent go see them because I think they have some kind of insurance. But don't expect anything from the government or anyone else.

Sorry about that btw. You know the pilots got screwed too, they had to pay a $30,000 loan to the company to work there and they never got paid back.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

You used a debit right. Then you can dispute the charge, call you credit card company that holds your debit card or go to your bank:) (Sheila of worked way tooo long for Citibank)

• Gadget
    Gadget

In the UK we pay a tax on each flight/holiday to ABTA which protects you incase of something like this happening, do you have a similar scheme in Canada?

Or can your bank help you, with some credit cards if the item is stolen/not provided they can refund you your money and refuse to pass on the payment to the company involved. Maybe you could put the case to your bank that it was money obtained by fraud because the company would have been aware of their financial situation?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    You used a debit right. Then you can dispute the charge, call you credit card company that holds your debit card or go to your bank

Do what Sheila said! There is a very good chance of getting your money back.

• the_classicist
  • talesin
    talesin

www.jetsgosucks.com

The guy who started this website at Xmas-time because of being ripped off by them was on the CBC news this morning. The website has been inundated this weekend, but he predicted it should be back up sometime today or tomorrow.

Dunno if there are any helpful suggestions on this website, but it may be worth checking out.

I'm sorry about your vaca, that really sucks. You all must be so upset.

tal

• Robdar
    Robdar

Call the airline to see if you are already booked.

Maybe (fingers crossed) the payment and reservation went through during the 10 hours that preceeded the filing.

If not, stop payment--if you can.

Best of luck,

Robyn

• morty
    morty

Thanks guys for all your advice till now.....

I used my debit card directly through my bank...This money comes automaticly out of my account. When I called the bank, they said, I needed to deal with the company and get a refund from them.There is no "them" anymore, so I dont know who the hell to scream at....

I feel more sorry for those who got strandand in countries with no ride home....and those who are out of job who have families to support....so unfair....and it is the consumer that pays for their f**k-up

My sister just informed me as well that, this guy that started Jetsgo up, was on his 3rd or 4th air company and this was also his 3rd or 4th failed company.....

How people can get big companies like this up and running again after claiming bankruptcy over and over again must be screwing someone up at the top!!!!...(please excuse my bitterness)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit