Let the Games begin.......

by Gill 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

Well, after being shunned by my realtions for the last few years, except for parents and sister I've decided that I will no longer play by the rules of the JW cult game.

I have had contact with several cousins, obviously too gob smacked by my cheek to shun in any way shape or form and have began wriggling my way into their awareness again. I intend to be like a kill and destroy white blood cell that gradually wreaks havoc with their JW cells and destroys...repeat destroys all that JW crap that is in them. I've always had 'a way' with people, though NOT my mother in law and I'm confident that my niceness will help in this little life goal of mine. We have to find our entertainment somewhere, don't we?

My mother had or attempted to have a rant at me about the UN scandal newspaper reports that I gave her a few weeks ago. She came round and told me how the nation of Israel made many mistakes and that's why the WTBTS made such a serious error! I said, that in that case the mistakes of the Catholics, Protestants, Mormons etc, etc must also be excused.

Shouting 'No, no, no! They're completely different!' at me, I could not restrain myself from laughing.

Father, big fool, stood with his mouth open glaring at mum because she couldn't come up with an answer quick enough, infact she couldn't come up with any answer at all.

So, I quickly covered the ground again, that JW mistakes were as bad as all religions mistakes and wondered for a few minutes if I would have to call two ambulances to take my shocked parents away.

JWD I love you!!!

I would never have been able to come up with any answers to anything on my own if I hadn't studied this site so closely the last few months. Thanks peoples, friends, mates!

Now, parents are due an anniversary party in June and have invited us and other JW relatives. Apparantly, JW elder relatives were asked if they minded being in our sinful presence. They seemed to agree that they could survive this experience and we've been invited. However! Sinful, unclean older sister who lives with boyfriend, I have only just found out, CANNOT attend as she is scriptually unclean. We. as a family have decided to take a stand on this and insist that she attends, or we won't. After all, if the Yorkshire Ripper is scriptually clean and would in theory be able to attend, why can't my sister?

My relatives have NO idea I am a ranting apostate but ....he, he, it's time they found out slowly, gently and nicely.

I suggested to hubby that I print a load of copies of the UN scandal reports in the Guardian and give them to my relations at the party and then see what happens....but hubby says his nerves can't take that! He has a point! I'm going to have to be a lot more subtle than that. But I'll work something out...

• Freedom Fighter
    Freedom Fighter

Gill! You're some gal!!!! More power to you!

FF

• JAVA
    JAVA

Gill -- I think it's great when former JWs stop playing by the WT rules. Good luck to you!

• Bryan
    Bryan

Gill,

Empowerment! Ain't it great! Good luck on your preaching the truth!

Bryan

Have You Seen MY Mother

• Valis
    Valis

eheh...your parting shot could be an envelope for each of them with a small packet of info about the UN, etc..

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

'Apostacisim' as its finest! Get 'em Gill.

** Not that I'm advocate tearing down people's belief systems, but d*mnit, but in the case of slavedom to the WTBS ... I make an exception. **

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    After all, if the Yorkshire Ripper is scriptually clean and would in theory be able to attend, why can't my sister?

Too bad you can't say that to them... hahaha That is an excellent point!

J

• Gill
    Gill

Jeanniebeanz! You're kidding about my not being able to say that to them, aren't you!?

That's my punchline!

Gill

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    I would never have been able to come up with any answers to anything on my own if I hadn't studied this site so closely the last few months. Thanks peoples, friends, mates!

I know what you mean. I did my research and I brought my objections to my mum and she gave me the usual JW runaround, but it definitely didn't convince me while she was lying to herself. Hang in there.

• Gill
    Gill

The starter pistol has fired and we're off.

I asked politely if the invitation to the anniversary do included my sister and boyfriend.

Answer was 'of course not!'

'Why not?'

'You know what we believe....even though you've rejected it!'

'So why are you inviting me?'

'Because you're married and not living in sin.'

'But, if the Yorkshire Ripper were to come to your cong. and he was invited to a party you would go happily.'

'But he's a repentent sinner...she (meaning my sister) is not.'

'How do you know he's a bloody repentent sinner!? He says there's no need to cry over spilt milk, meaning his victims.'

'Well my conscience would trouble me to make the rest of the family associate with a practising sinner!'

'But it wouldn't trouble you to sit with the Yorkshire Ripper! Mum you've go a serious loose screw problem!'

'You...you....you believe every bit of rubbish you read on the intenet!'

'Yes, and you believe every bit of rubbish from the WTBTS!'

'Ah well, the bible says that a man's enemies will be members of a man's household. And you always hurt those that you shouldn't and...'

'Oh shut up talking rubbish and stick to the topic here.'

'Right...can the children come to the Memorial!'

'No!'

'Why not. You said you'd always let them chose their own religion.'

'Yes absolutely. The younger ones are too young to associate with cults and the older ones have got more sense!'

'So they can't come?'

'No!'

'Right.....I'll ask your cousins if they mind associating with your sister.'

'That would be a very good thing to do. I think you'll be surprised at their answers. (I hope I won't be shocked!)

'Right, we'll see and I'll let you know what they say.'

And that was that.

Not as bad as I expected.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit