Excuses to miss the meeting that won't raise suspicion of a fade

by kairos 31 Replies latest jw friends

• kairos
    kairos

The first step to fading is to begin missing the meetings.

"If" anyone misses you, a quality excuse must be at the ready. This will produce empathy toward you as opposed to suspicion.

1. Car problems ( don't mention that you caused them )

2. Stuck on the phone resolving insurance, billing, etc issues.

3. Sick ( of the meetings )

Let's throw together some ideas or link to previous examples.

( Extra credit )

For humor, post excuses that have been tried that NEVER work.

1. Couldn't get my tight pants off in time to make the meeting.

2. Was watching JWTV and lost track of the time.

3. Demonz ( this one might actually work! )

• Simon
    Simon
    A pack of possessed smurfs blocked my path.
  • millie210
    millie210

People in my area seem to really like the perfume/allergy/"something in the air" at the KH excuse.

They get a lot of sympathy and mileage out of it too.

Of course these very same people are always in the Mall or at the movie theater or out to eat where there is perfume and cleaning products making "dangerous fumes" but no one seems to connect the dots on that. 

• fastJehu
    fastJehu
    4. I am looking for a JW wife/husband and so I visited some halls around to find a person who fit to me
  • The Searcher
    The Searcher

No excuses whatsoever! Otherwise, you are going to have to continually come up with excuses.

Slam the door on the snoopers - tell them nothing! They have no right to an answer or a made-up excuse!

As we are right in the middle of our fade, we have our reply ready - not an answer or excuse; "Thanks for asking but we just have to deal with personal things which we can't discuss with anyone."

If anyone tries to force the issue, (probably a Glorious One) I'm ready to tell him that my previous encounters with Elders does not encourage me to trust anyone with my deepest thoughts!

This way, I don't expect any further hassle!

• brandnew
    brandnew
    I remember coming up with chicken pox.......twice........as an adult.   
  • Simon
    Simon

"Allergies" is probably the best - it's difficult to prove or to argue with.

I remember reading Rodger the Dodger in the Beano (or Dandy) when I was little and he got off school by putting a cold flannel on his forehead and his hands on the radiator - his mother checked and thought he was ill.

So I tried it and what do you know ... it worked! I got a day off school :)

I probably then repeated it every day after that and it didn't last long.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

If I ever have someone say "we missed you", my reply is simple:

"Thankyou. I appreciate that. How are you"

And then move on in the conversation!

If we fall into the trap of furnishing an excuse as to WHY we were missing, then we lose control over our own decisions!

They DO NOT need a reason from us! (We are not 10 year olds asking our teacher permission for anything) 

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I love the answers that remind that those questions about your meeting attendance do NOT deserve answers. Just ask them a question instead and for short time get all interested in their goings on, then say " gotta go, nice taking with you!" . Swoosh. You stayed above them on the class scale, and you were nice, asking about them and then poof you had to go. No rudeness.

I am sure it messes with them ;-)

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

I cant come to the meeting today because the city is paving my street and I cant get out!

My car ran out of gas on the way to the meeting. I was pushing it to a gas station and I got a stomach hernia and I now have to go to the doctors.

I just played golf and I do not feel up to par today.

I have a possum in my backyard and it's freaking out my dog. I have to get it out before I can leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit