Hi everybody I'm new

by LongHairGal 43 Replies latest jw friends

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Greetings,

I am a long time lurker who has come out of the closet. I have read many fine posts here and feel for all of you who have been hurt by the Witnesses. They are a lying, unaccountable organization - with an emphasis on the word unaccountable! I am a single woman who works full time and I am currently inactive as a JW. I am doing a slow fade because of my situation. I was never a good witness and was always on the fringes because I work full time and because of being outspoken. I also did not study and read regularly because I didn't see the point why we had to drill all this nonsense into our heads constantly. Perhaps if I did I would have been out sooner! Everybody has their "thing" about the JWs that they hate. My "things" are the fact that they don't really believe in education or work (as evidenced by the fact that they tell you to spend as little time as possible on a secular job). But yet they expect to benefit from the fact that you have a job! Also, that they purport to be a brotherhood - if you consider a panel of backstabbing, judgmental idiots to be your brothers. Their treatment of single women is appalling. They deserve real punishment for this and many other things. While I consider myself to be "out" mentally and have gotten on with my life, I feel anger for being deceived and also because of the airs they put on. They expect people to accept claims that cannot be substantiated (annointed, etc.) There is so much more to say.

LHG

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Ooooooooo this is gonna be a good one. Welcome to the forum, so glad you made it!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Welcome LHG

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    There is so much more to say.

LHG

Look forward to hearing more. Any chance you've read any of RebelliousSpirit's posts?

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

Welcome.

cj

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hi and welcome! Looking forward to hearing from you.

GBL

• TooOpinionated
    TooOpinionated

Welcome, LongHairGal! You certainly have hit the nail on the head. I was always appalled at the attitude towards single women. I came became a Witness as an adult, and single. You would have thought I had 2 heads! When I would make comments about their 18th century attitudes, I would get that typical long blank stare like I was from another planet. I'm so glad to be free of all that nonsense.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Any chance you've read any of RebelliousSpirit's posts?

Just what I was thinking as I was reading your posts, sounds like you two were separated at birth!

Welcome to [posting side of] the forum!

Dave

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

Welcome to the forum

• kls
    kls

Welcome , welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit