At the meeting... And I have #3 Talk

by cappytan 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

cappytan: @Oubliette: I had a ride with in-laws.

Well done!

That's the spirit!

I almost wish I could have been there to hear it ... nah!

You gotta' find a way out of this cult! It's either that or cirrhosis of the liver.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    So, I was told that my talk was "so great "... WTF. I was drunk as FU(K. 
  • kairos
    kairos

I was so hard core, I never drank before the meeting.

My mistake... 

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Well done cappy!

It makes a mockery of the org...

• disposable hero of hypocrisy
    disposable hero of hypocrisy
    Ha,  nice one Bro! 
  • joe134cd
    joe134cd
    I bet you felt the spirit upon you.  Oh shit you guys are funny. I think that would make me turn up at the Hall again, if I knew someone was going to give a talk half cut. Legendary.  Have you heard cedars prank call to ToMo3. That made my day. 
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade

It's funny I used to drink with a few past school overseers and I think they were bigger drunks than me. I say drunks because alcoholics go to meetings and drunks go to parties 

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Not cool in my book turning up at meeting buzzing on booze or anything else, let alone giving a part in the meeting in that state. if you are that alcohol tolerant then you have built up to it over a period of time and likely have a drink problem. Not impressed.
  • cappytan
    cappytan
    Witness My Fury: If you are that alcohol tolerant then you have built up to it over a period of time...

I only drink on meeting nights... 

In all seriousness, though, I think I do have a problem. I'm trying to deal with one problem at a time right now, however. I just fully woke up about a month ago.

But I have built up a tolerance to it over a period of time, like you said. That period of time is the entire time I've been of drinking age and been in the truth.  

It builds and builds and builds and if you ignore the Cognitive Dissonance, you have to deal with it somehow. I turned to the bottle to avoid waking up to TTATT. That only worked for so long.

I'm getting some help for it, but it's undercover so as to not upset my wife or have to face a Judicial Committee.

Damn...this thread got all serious all of a sudden.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Cappytan, I'm getting some help for it

Good for you for admitting it and better that you're addressing it!

Cappytan: I only drink on meeting nights...

Quit going to meetings and BOTH of your problems are solved!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit