Name ways in which the Watchtower could make JW life more "appealing"?

by JH 36 Replies latest jw friends

• The Leological One
    The Leological One

JW meetings are so dull, and so alike, that one can only become bored in no time.

What changes would you have made in the meetings or after the meetings to make JW life more appealing and still Christian?

Still Christian?

As one who's only gone to 2 Sunday services (the one to show them the devil-guy, myself, that was stealing their girl away from the Truth and the one where she was to be DF'd immediately following the service), I have a few thoughts.

1) I thought it was actually kinda' neat to see them get really young kids involved in speaking after a particular passage of WT literature was read aloud.

I think it'd be graet if they could get the same kind of involvement going based on reading Bible scriptures unaided by the WT literature.

2) Find ways to get rid of the inherent clicks/cliques that form based on how the system is currently set up. Whatever happened to remembering the scriptures about whoever is first, they will be last, and whoever is last, they will be first~?

If they want to find ways to try and prove they are the REAL organization of God, they might make a lot of headway by getting a good display of "love for one another" together in the cong. Ways to do so would include getting the top people together to influence popular people to go help those in need that might not be so popular there, i.e. getting some groceries together/repairing leaky faucets, etc. for a broke member, etc., and doing something like this once or so times a week, and then reaching OUT to those who are non-JW's, as well... with REAL help and not just lit-pushing.

3) Becoming less controlling of people and DROPPING their policy of shunning of people in their own families, such as how my wife can no longer talk to her mother or brother; I can't remember anywhere in scripture where it says someone should blow off a family member just because other people say so, even if that person was kicked out of a cong.

If they learned that often times when people NEED the most help is when most of the world would blow them off, and Christians are supposed to show more "love" and "compassion" than the rest of the world. If the Bible says that people are forgiven by God after a person confesses his/her sins, what excuse does the WT have for keeping that person in a state of being judged if God no longer is judging him/her for that particular sin? At the same time, I agree that if someone's doing something pretty harmful to the cong, then maybe shunning is called for, i.e. someone being a pedophile, stealing from other members, etc...

• JH
    JH

We should print this thread and send it to every KH.

• JH
    JH

Suggestion boxes in every Kingdom Hall....wouldn't that be nice....

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I've never understood the practicality of not having a Sunday School and nursery for the children. Parents would get so much more out of the meetings if they didnt have to worry about if their children are being "distracting" according to whichever Nazis standards. Children would learn more in a more appropriate setting. I don't know how they would expect a five year old to get anything out of the meetings other than the fact that they hate their parents for making them sit still for two solid hours. My kids go to Sunday School every week and they have a blast. And theyre actually learning at the same time. What a concept!

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    We should print this thread and send it to every KH.

• Es
    Es

lol @ nancy

well done

es

• Golf
    Golf

Have them all watch the 'reality' show.

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest