I promise to stop after this one, one more rant...

by wanderlustguy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• DJS
    DJS

If there weren’t any atheists on this site, you and those like you would be here doing exactly the same thing, which is narcissistically showing off your special knowledge. I can’t imagine anyone requiring such after exiting the Borg. They need something entirely new. A new way of thinking and analyzing to ensure they never get trapped in a religion, or by any other entity or person attempting to control them. All you and those like you do is keep the trapped, trapped.

That is what Cofty, Viviane, myself and others continue to say. Religion is and will continue to be the problem. It will never be the solution. Only by people doing the right thing for no other reason than it is the right thing will humans evolve. And as so many posts have made clear on this site, the more religious a state, region or nation is, the more dysfunctional it is. Religion and a belief in god have failed miserably for thousands of years. There will never be a time when religion gets it right. And there will always be yet another new sage who has special knowledge, requiring all to listen to them. Religion was invented by men for a variety of reasons. Rational and analytical thinking will dispel the notion that it is needed.

You think linearly. I would encourage you to start thinking in a different manner. If there was a god, I would imagine she would have more confidence in and appreciation for an atheist who did the right thing for no other reason than it was the right thing (and not because of any reward) than she would a theist who did the right thing only because of some expected reward. And yet such a simple clear thought is anathema to theists. If someone can’t do the right thing without my holding a stick or a carrot over the head I don’t want the losers on my team. Be gone with you.

The belief that the bible holds the answers or is in some manner inspired is the foundation on which all of a X-tian theist’s bricks stand. Remove the bricks one by one and the foundation will be exposed for what it is. It will then be easy to dig it up and throw it away. You will like the results, and you will wonder why you allowed the wall to be built in the first place.

• DJS
    DJS

In the 20 years out of the Borg I have never tried to change anyone's theism. I never think nor speak of religion. This site allows all of us to pontificate a bit about our views. I'm glad theism works for you, but it hasn't done much for mankind for thousands of years except create divisiveness, wars, genocide, hatred and separation. It was a trap for me and millions like me. I have special angst towards anyone coming on an ex-Dub site and preaching. In the late '90s I very briefly participated in an ex-JW forum (xJW.com - Ros). I was not an atheist at the time and was likely not even agnostic. However, one of the primary contributors to the forum contributed to my atheism. He was a very well known ex-JW, having served at high levels and accomplished more than a bit upon his exit. He was also an obnoxious narcissist who essentially thought he was the replacement for the GB.

I won't mention his name, but his initials were James Penton (Hi Jim, I've seen you post on this site - I hope all is well and thanks for contributing to my atheism. Have you joined us? Come on in the water's fine!). Even at that time, freshly out of the Borg and questioning everything but still believing in Jah, his arrogance and proseletyzing with 'special knowledge' was irritating beyond description. I quit partiicpating after a few weeks.

So my angst towards ex-Dubs preaching is historic and long-lived. I would prefer ex-Dubs live life, go to college, travel, explore, inquire, question, and continue doing the right thing for no other reason than it is the right thing. And stop worrying about some make believe creature in the sky with a carrot and stick. She doesn't exist.

• LV101
    LV101

DJS - You do belong here and your opinion is appreciated/needed for those trying to be objective.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit