I promise to stop after this one, one more rant...

by wanderlustguy 22 Replies latest jw friends

• MissFit
    MissFit

Dw.. there is no right answer. Everyone is at a different place in their journey. You are not alone you are a part of the "WE" he was talking about. "We" came here because we were alone and hurt. Many stayed because they realized they were no longer alone .

Some are voices for those who are speechless, some show strength to those who feel weak, some offer solace to those in pain.

Everyone here who has shared their journey has something of value to offer. Your pain is likely echoed by another's, we learn from each other but most importantly we know there is someone here that understands.

Miss.Fit

• MissFit
    MissFit

Bttt another oldie but goodie. Good read for lurkers. Do you agree or disagree with the OP?

• DJS
    DJS

I think WLG's rant is spot on. I wish everyone on this site would seriously look inside and understand/admit their reasons for being here. I clearly know why I'm here. As I've mentioned before I have been out of the Borg for 20 years. I spent the past two decades living life. Even though I knew about this site and others like it a long time ago I only joined about 11 months ago. Why? Because I believe narcissistically that I can help others. I have been very blessed the past 2 decades, living an amazing life. Part of it was planned; part of it seems to be Forrest Gumpian - great adventure seemed to find me.

Within a few weeks of joining I realized this site is not for me. I stay because of a few posters and naively thinking I can still be of help to some. Here are a few typical categories based on my analysis (it is what I do BTW).

1. Those currently in the Borg but sick of it and needing help and consolation to leave. I have the utmost admiration and feelings for these. We have all been there. I wish this site had existed 25 years ago.

2. Those recently out who are trying to find their way in the world, get over the Borg's controlling influence, deal with lost family, etc. I have the utmost admiration and feelings for these. We have all been there. However, having said that, this 'stage' shouldn't last for freaking ever. After a short 2 or 3 years these individuals should have moved on to a better place in life as far as dealing with Borgian issues. And by a 'better place' I don't mean leaving this site. I mean getting past the JW and theist specific garbage which trapped all of us in the first place.

3. Those who have been out long enough (over 4 or 5 years) to have moved on to something better but stay here and make this their cyber version of the kingdom hall. Over 90% of the posts are very specific biblical, scriptural, JW crap/nonsense. The posters who typically start/post on these topics have been out long enough to have left this nonsense behind, IMHO. This group nauseates me.

4. Those who have turned this site into their own preaching and proseletyzing church. This group makes me vomit. They are no different that the GB. Only they have special knowledge and understanding of all things scripture and god. Geesh. Haven't we all had enough of these narcissistic charlatans? I don't want to mention names, but ColdSteel, AbleBodiedDude, Perry and the late Reverand Tammy come to mind. Be gone with you. High school graduates with intense bible learnin' and a direct viaduct to the make believe goddess in the sky??? Haven't we had enough of that for a llfetime?

5. Those like me, who have been out a long time, actually accomplished something in life and who feel narcissistically that we can help others to think. Rationally. Objectively. Analytically. And to sop letting emotions, feelings, beliefs and a one dimensional knowledge base control ther lives. That is my only gift to this site. Cofty, Snare, Viviane and others seem to fall into this group. We typically talk about science or de-construct bullshit posts based on nothing more than someone's high school diploma, Internet account and axe to grind (yes, I'm talking to you conspiracy theorists and reactionaries).

Feel free to add/edit groupings.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

1. Please tell me what type of Drugs you're on, so that I can try them.

2. WE Are here, because we love community,and fellowship & Gossip, and Laughter, and Controversy & People.

• DJS
    DJS

OT,

If you are talking to me?? Find one thing, ONE, that I have posted that isn't 100 percent accurate. My opinions about how I 'feel' about it are my own, and they have been clearly differentiated, but the groupings and analysis are dead spot on accurate. This site is what it is. I'm the one who doesn't fit. I know that and have acknowledged it. You take offense because you clearly fit into category 3.5. Youve only been posting since 2013, so perhaps you have an excuse. How long have you been out of the Borg?

I agree completely with your second assessment, which hasn't a thing to do with my post.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

DJ's I was not talking to you, but now after reading your Drivel filled post, I will. (Nothing Personal Buddy!)

"I believe narcissistically that I can help others. I have been very blessed the past 2 decades, living an amazing life."

• It's clear that you have a very Supercilious nature.. By making sure to Insert "narcissistically" and a narrative of your "Blessed Life" into the first paragraph, clearly you view your self to be Grandiose & Superior to most of the Grovelling simple Theist Idiots on this site.
    • What really stands out in your post is the fact that you like to appear Confident and Insouciant to all that have the Gift of being in your Presence.. But inside your soul is Dark,Angry & Bitter. It is clear that Subconsciously you desire to Rob anyone that you can of their Hope & Faith, only then will your "Blessed Life" mean anything to you.

" I don't want to mention names, but ColdSteel, AbleBodiedDude, Perry and the late Reverand Tammy come to mind. Be gone with you. High school graduates with intense bible learnin' and a direct viaduct to the make believe goddess in the sky??? Haven't we had enough of that for a llfetime?"

• Ablebodiedman,Coldsteel and Perry are completely Different than you.. They realize that the Most important thing that any one can posess is Faith & Hope out of their Love for their Brothers & Neighbors they work hard to help people maintain their Hope of a Better Day, to the Contrary you think that the Best way of life is to be demoralized,desperate & Lost.. Until the Final day, where you breath your final Breath and think to your self "Maybe I was wrong".

“You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one.” - John Lennon

• DJS
    DJS

Nonsense as I expected from You OT. I am one of the happiest most secure people you will know. I have many very close friends and an exceptional life. Do I carry around deep-seated issues with the WT? Of course, but I spent two decades fueling that angst with doing and accomplishing, giving little thought to the Borg. Why do people like you link not believing in a god as being hopeless and lost? This ridiculous premise has been shown repeatedly on this site to be utter bullshit,but you continue to spew it. Do some research. Nothing could be further from the 'truth.' And you quote John Lennon? Don't you realize that song was preaching the end of religion? That people would get along and do the right thing for no other reason than it was the right thing, absent any make believe god? Religion is the problem, not the solution. And if people want to believe in fairy tales have at it, but for you to opine that Perry, ColdSteel, the recently departed Rev. and yourself are doing nothing but narcissistically showing your special knowledge is bullshit.

Your screen name screams volumes. Objective Truth? Really? I mean, Really? You chose to put the word “Truth” in your screen name in such context? After what all of us went through with the Borg and its “Truth.” Un-freaking-real.

Listen up ex-Borgians, Prof DJS has an important announcement: Ignore the GB, the Pope, Billy Graham, ColdSteel, Mother Teresa, Perry, AbleBodiedDude (who I will refer to in all future posts as FeebleMindedDude) and the Rev. And the man behind the curtain. We have a new theist sage. Welcome “Objective Truth.” Only he has a direct conduit to the big girl in the sky. He alone has special knowledge and understanding. Listen to him and ignore all those others (millions) who have come before him claiming to have the ‘real’ truth.

You put “Objective” in front of it to show you are more reasonable and rational than those before you. I notice from your posts that you at least attempt some objectivity in your responses, avoiding the black/white dogmatism of many. It is a ruse. It reminds me of the worst kind of narcissist, Uriah Heep. (Uriah Heep, for all of you who have not read Dickens, is a fictional character created by Charles Dickens in his novel David Copperfield.The character is notable for his cloying humility and insincerity, making frequent references to his own "'humbleness" when he was the most arrogant of all).

Community? Group hugs? That’s not what I’m seeing from you. You post primarily to narcissistically show your knowledge of all things scripture and theist. I was wrong. You are clearly in group 4. I suggest a new moniker R2: Delusional self-important narcissist. Or even better: Uriah Heap.

You put the word “Truth” in your screen name. Un-freaking-real.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

DJS - I assume that you're about 60 years old, correct? So in reality you have about 5,475 More Days to Live.. What do you think will happen to you when you die? If you think Nothing and you think that Death is the end of the Road, how can you be happy? Perhaps 5475 Days seems like a lot to you, but what will happen when it's 4,000 and then 2,000 - Do you think that you'll be "Happy" when you have less than 48,000 hours to live, and you have Worked so Hard to Destroy your Hope, and the Hope of Many Others?

John Lennon is Talking about HOPE, and that is what I'm talking about.. Religion Destroys people's hope. Spirituallity & Love do not. I just don't underastand why people Try SO HARD to Convince them Selves that there is no God, or Afterlife.. What purpose does it Serve? Even if you could Prove Beyond the Shadow of a Doubt that there is No God, why would you want to? What is the Purpose?

The most Objectively Truthful quote of all time is " All things are subject to interpretation whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth." - Nietzsche

You have convinced yourself that there is no God, and everything is Chaos.. I have convinced my self that there is a God, and there is Only Chaos, when viewed through our Perspectives.

I do not think that I have any Special Insight or Knowledge.. I'll admit that you seem to be more Intelligint and knowledgeable then I am. I am on this site for 2 Reasons..

1. I love Conversations and Disputes, like the one we are Having. - There is nothing better than 2 people being real and Truthful about how they feel.

2. I know that Religion Destroys people's lives, Beyond all of the Biblical Speculation and Arguments.. I try to help people. I don't try to help them "Understand the Bible" nor do I try and Convince them to Join another Church.. Rather with my Limited abilities, I try and Figure out what their soft spots are.. Once I find a Soft Spot, I focus on that, with the Goal of Helping them to Maintain their Love of Life and HOPE.

It seems that you and I have the same goal, we just have different Beliefs that structure that Goal..

SO the question is, how do Individuals like me that Believe in God, and Individuals like you who Believe in this life, and nothing more collaborate so that we can Help The Injured ones that come out of the Organization?

• DJS
    DJS

I quit thinking about an after life a long long time ago. I am perfectly content living my life in the moment. Try it. You may like it. And guess what OT? I like myself much better now than when i was a true believing theist. I learned a long time ago that being decent, kind, honest and ethical have nothing to do with a belief in a god. Nothing. There are many, many studies which suggest atheists are much more functional than theists. These studies have been referenced many times on this site.

You and your kind do nothing but drag people back into a failed belief system. What they need to hear is live life. Enjoy life. Explore life. Go back to school. Think Analyze, Travel. Eat Drink and be Merry. But you would have them live life based on getting beamed up to the big starship in the sky, sitting around waiting and doing nothing of any benefit.

In addition. let's assume you are right, OT, about the big girl in the sky. My beleiving or not believing hasn't a thing to do with any chance of an afterlife as you think it. If she made me in her image (as theists suggest), then she knows exactly why I am who I am. She and I are OK.

My atheism has been the best thing that ever happened to me. By far. It has released my mind. I am a better person. I do the right thing every day of my life because it is the right thing - not because of any anticipated reward or punishment. Unless and until humans leave religion behind and do the right thing for no other reason than it is the right thing we will never evolve as a species. Religion is the problem, not the solution.

Most of the atheists on this site have gotten sick of preaching and proseltyzing. My nauseous response to the preachers amongst us should never be assumed by you or any other theist as coming from an angry, disillusioned person. Nothing could be further from the truth.

• objectivetruth
    objectivetruth

You see.. There is something here " I am a better person. I do the right thing every day of my life because it is the right thing - not because of any anticipated reward or punishment."

I feel the Same Way, and I live my life the Same Way.

How can I believe in Yahweh, and Feel Completely Free, and at the same time how can you Believe in no God and Feel Completely Free?

But at the same time, we both Try and do the Right Thing, everyday of our lives, despite any Reward or Punishment?

I believe that this is the Reason : Romans 2:15 " They demonstrate that God's law is written in their hearts, for their own conscience and thoughts either accuse them or tell them they are doing right."

Have you ever considered what your Spirituality, would have been like if you had not First been Introduced to God by the JW's?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit