I have a Dilemma ... would appreciate some advice....

by stevenyc 15 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Well, it appears that I?m in a bit of a quandary and would appreciate any advice anyone could give. Two days ago I announced that spring had finally arrived to some fellow New Yorkers. They tried to convince me that on the north east coast, spring is never certain until summer is here, nonetheless I was adamant that, ?spring had indeed arrived?, and took on full responsibility for such a (now obvious) brash statement.

The following day (yesterday) we had a drop in temperature of 25 degrees with accompanying snow, and gusts of upto 50mph with a wind chill factor of 0f.

Then I got the phone call.

The ferocity of the winter ?spat? in response to my proclamation has caused me a forfeit to be delivered from my New York ?friends? of either A) a bucket of snow down my pants or B) a slap upside the head. Being the expat I have no idea what a slap upside the head is. So here?s the question, which should I choose. A or B?

Awaiting your advice.

Steve.

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I'd opt for the "snow down the pants" personally....however as a warning...make sure that you.....um...well....wake the big guy up first and then wrap a couple of those big red rubber bands around it to avoid any embarrassing "Shrinkage" issues.

Enjoy....

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Whenever I have that happen to me I take the snow down the pants! But that is just me....

Jeff

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Snow down the pants. but you might want to wear an insulated, even heated, jock strap.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Hey, even as a woman I can appreciate the significance here!

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    The following day (yesterday) we had a drop in temperature of 25 degrees with accompanying snow, and gusts of upto 50mph with a wind chill factor of 0f.

Ah so I have you to thank for the fact that it is currently 18 degrees and we have a winter weather advisory in effect until tomorrow morning?

Thanks Steve - for that, snow down the pants!

• talesin
    talesin

Well, in this neck of the woods, snow down the pants means ....

Having snow stuffed down your pants, then being held upside down while they stuff snow down (up?) your pants legs.

Slap upside the head? Thwack!!! Open-handed cuff to the back of your head.

Your choice.

Spring in the first week of March? In NY? hahahaha You asked for it!

tal

• devinsmom
    devinsmom
    Snow down the pants. but you might want to wear an insulated, even heated, jock strap.

I agree, however be carefull not to get electricuted if indeed it is an electric heated jock strap

• HadEnuf
    HadEnuf

I think, personally, that I would go for the head slap. A normal, kind person would not do this too forcefully and a couple of aspirin would clear up any pain in no time.

Cathy L.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

HadEnuf

A normal, kind person would not do this too forcefully

Ah, but you havent met my 'friends' - have you ever seen those movies or star trek episodes where the primative people blame the new comer for the village curse. You know the boiling oil vat on the head type of people.

steve.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit