I found an inquiring mind today. His initials are R>T>

by ko38 19 Replies latest jw friends

• seven006
    seven006

Zorro.

Glad you are interested in this discussion board. We've needed a good snake expert here for a long time. Some people here still think we are all doomed because a talking snake told a naked lady to eat a piece of fruit. I have argue that snakes are not fruit experts and would never try to convince a naked lady which kind of fruit to eat, buy them a drink or two and try to get them drunk so they can have their way with them maybe, but fruit experts? I don't think so. Id like your professional opinion. I know some snakes can talk, I saw it on a Disney movie once, it was The Jungle Book so I tend to loose that argument.

So, my question to you is not weather snakes can talk or not, but can any species of them be considered fruit experts?

I'll wait until you figure out how to post to get your answer.

Thanks,

Dave

• Valis
    Valis

ko38 lemme know if he needs help registering or loggin in..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• hubert
    hubert

Welcome, Zorro !!

I find jwfiles.com is an easy site to research the J.W.'s.

Also, reading some of the shunning posts in JWD, which is this site, will bring tears to your eyes. And they are all true, too. Whatever you decide, make sure you do the research. The J.W.'s won't want you to do that. Do it, for your own good, and your families. Good to have you aboard.

Hubert

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Zorro! The Fox! Welcome.

I highly respect your interest in examining all aspects of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society before becoming a member. I hope your wife will research as well.

After your research, if you chose to continue your studying and become one of Jehovah's Witnesses, I can respect that because you made an informed decision.

I wish you well on your journey.

Brenda

• seattleniceguy
    seattleniceguy

Welcome, Zorro!

Dave, your birthday argumentation is great!

SNG

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Others offer good advice, I would add Raymond Franz follow up book "In Search of Christian Freedom".

• hubert
    hubert

First, I think you should read "Crisis of Conscience" by Ray Franz, then if you feel the need, read his second book, "in search of Christian Freedom", as Jafacake suggested.

I have read some of "In search of", but found it a harder read for a non-j.w. like myself.

I am in the process of reading "Crisis of Conscience" right now. After 4 chapters, I found that the Watchtower Society, in my opinion, is nothing but a high control publishing company.

But, that's my opinion.

Hubert

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

seven006

I knew an old fruit that was a bit of a snake in the grass. Don't know if that helps?

Oh, and Hey there Zorro. Welcome to the board.

steve.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello and welcome, Zorro!

I was a loyal JW for 30 years and was convinced that I "had the truth" all that time. I was contacted in the door-2-door work.

When I came onto a board like this I began to see so many things that didn't "add up" and wasn't looking for answers, I thought I already had them. As I began to check out all the links that others posted, my eyes were opened and the "scales" fell off my eyes. These were actual documents, etc and not just opinions of exJWs.

I hope that you will find what you see here enlightening and life-saving. Once you are sucked in to the WTS, you can never leave gracefully.

hugs,

Annie

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Re Huberts comment on the 2 Ray Franz books, I actually discovered In search of" first. I agree two or three chapters are a bit heavy going, but much of the book, on second or third reading, has some amazing plausible alternative explanations of Scriptures. It opened my eyes more than any other book and each time I dip into a chapter here & there I discover something I had missed last time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit