WHAT'S THE WORST JOB YOU EVER HAD?

by Mary 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    devinsmom said: -knocking on doors and peddling stupid magazines that no one wants, preparing for talks, -studying for the watchtower, attending 5 hours of "work meetings" per week, being a "good little elder's daughter", sitting in the school library during any kind of fun celebration, i.e: birthdays, christmas, etc...

Hey, that wasn't a job....it was a priviledge, right?

• upside/down
    upside/down
    went from a salary of 10K per month plus bonuses and full bene's to "0" in nothing flat. Impressed all the Dubs and confounded all my "worldly" relatives. I was such an idiot.

No really. Don't beat yourself up. Let's see that was $120,000 per year plus benefits and bonuses for another $40,000 - give or take. But really quitting that to hand out papers saying that the Generation that saw 1914 would see the end was a good plan.

How many years did you pioneer? Let's say 5. So 5 x (120,000 + 40,000) = $800,000

Just chalk it up to a learning experience.

How did you know I pioneered 5 years? I coulda been retired by now. I thought the comment I read the other day about the 'boner the size of an assembly hall' was tooooo damn funny.. But this actually made me laught more... OMG! Of course you forgot to take out taxes and include all the investment dividends I would surely have had. I've done it before and I can do it again... I hope... u/d (of the dumbsh*t class)

• Think
    Think

Working for FREE for the Rapetower, and and beeing ask constantly to give them money !!!

What a suckers !!!

• atypical
    atypical

Pioneering for four years instead of going to college.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I sold 'The Big Issue' (homeless/vulnerably housed people sell it to gain some income) for an afternoon to experience how it feels.

I managed to sell two mags in 4 hours found it very difficult to keep smiling in spite of... and some of the disgusting, derogatory and insulting comments I received made me very and sometimes quite frightened.

There are people out there who think homelessness will never happen to them because - 'of course homeless people deserve it'

- yeah right

They just don't get it do they?

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Cleaning gas station rest rooms . (with my now x husband) You wouldn't believe what we would have to clean up. That was in 1971...and I lasted about a week. Ewwwwww....

My son briefly worked as a security guard at a mushroom farm. He will not eat mushrooms to this day.

Coffee

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit