My Book of Bible Stories

by Taylor S. 70 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:Then, it goes on to say "The demons like it when a boy and a girl play with each other's penis or vulva. We don't want to the make the demons happy, do we?---

You MUST be joking. That is nuts.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    Don't forget your theocratic coloring books children..

http://members.tripod.com/~charb46/

OMG, I know this person. The gal that does these "theocratic coloring books". In fact, I helped her build some of her pages. (I feel so dirty!) One of the beautiful pictures for children to color is the stoning of Stephen. (In fact there are TWO of this one, a close up and a broader shot) Another is a bleeding Jesus on the stake. One depicts the sacrifice of a child to Baal. Thomas being invited to put his fingers in a bloody hole in Jesus chest. Nice stuff. Real nice. It's so hard to believe that not long ago I would've happily downloaded these and had my kids color them. How the mighty stupid have fallen. Dave

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.
    You MUST be joking. That is nuts.

It is nuts. And I wonder what is the bibical basis for frightening children into the irrational fear that normal adolescent sexual exploration is 'demonized'?

I have to get a copy of this book.

They're just f**kin' up kids left and right.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

My fave thing about the GT book was its colour - really seriously Pink and all about Jesus.

Hmm Pink Jesus...

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I remember placing dozens of books thru the years with young mothers and their kids. I remember on a RV the woman gave it back to me saying it was too violent for her children, plus she didn't like the WT slant on the stories, either...

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot

I must have been a morbid kid...

I really liked the Jezebel story, mostly because I found her makeup and jewelry fascinating. Of course, I still find the evil people in stories/movies fascinating.

My sister?s favorite story was the one with the furnace and the three Hebrew boyz who got thrown into the fire because they would not bow down and the lord saved them.

I also really liked the Dinah story. Have any of ya?ll read the Red Tent? Much better story than the Dub?s depicting of the incident.

Now that I think about if for realz, those are really messed up stories. But if you just read the old testament, that?s pretty messed up to. Think of all the weird incest and s**t that went down. Scary stuff.

• Scully
    Scully

Get Busy Living:

No, we aren't kidding. Here's a jpg of part of page 59 and 60 from Learn from the Great Teacher:

• Odrade
    Odrade

OMG, that coloring book is horrible.

"Little Johnny, lets sit down and color a picture of Stephen being stoned to death. Be sure and use Red for his blood... Isn't this FUN???"

bleh

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

nathan

You crack me up.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Scully sent me a copy of the PDF of that scan she posted...

Click Here to download the PDF of page 59 and 60 from Learn from the Great Teacher:

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit