by Mary 58 Replies latest jw friends

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

I would say #3 & #5.

Dragonlady76

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I was at the 6 1/2 mark

Wife of an unbelieving mate. Got tired of hearing the comments year after year--couldn't get your husband to come huh? What do you think his problem is? Hard nut to crack isn't he? thinking back much of it was downright insulting and rude. Of course there were the public talks too about the poor unbelieving wives who are in subjection to their cruel unbelieving mates and what fine examples they are to the flock--that didn't ever set well with me either since my husband isn't the least bit evil or cruel to me. Of course we didn't have much of a JW social life--few want to associate with you if you have a wicked worldly unbelieving mate--it is rather like having the plague. You are pitied in the congo, looked upon as a grand example of martyrdom and treated as a second rate citizen. Despite the downsides of it in the congo it gave you a lot more freedom to associate with those on the outside.

cybs

• Whiskeyjack
    Whiskeyjack

Great post Mary. My family were category 5 except that my old man intimidated most of the category 1's and 2's in our hall. I guess some things in human organisations are universal!

• the_classicist
    the_classicist

Family: 5-7. Me (young) was 5, later was 7. No six.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

Hey Mary,

I was just wondering whether what you posted was written by you originally or did you take it from somewhere?

Also to Doustprotest: Who did write that? "Two men imprisoned behind iron bars..." I had never heard that before but I like it a lot.

-Eduardo

• Mary
    Mary
    I was just wondering whether what you posted was written by you originally or did you take it from somewhere?

Yep, it was written by mwa........I first wrote it a couple of years ago.............why, you think I have talent?!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Mary.."Queen of the one-liners"

Myself a #6 an inbetweener. However I was able to establish friendships with a lot of #2ers, so we were not left out of the social structure. Spent a lot of weekends away with them as well ( and no meetings, visiting other congs either) It's because CJ and I practiced the "what happens in the hot, stays in the hot tub" philosophy.

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

The real difference between everyone in the pecking order was if you were included in social events.

If you were an elder, elder's wife, elder's child, there was always get togethers and picnics, and fun things planned. If you were a single mother or a child of a single mother, you weren't included, you weren't anything but pioneer material, you got patted on the back for making a good comment at the meetings, but you weren't "worthy" enough to socialize with them.

Unassigned territory was also a social event, not everyone would be included.

Trips to assemblies sometimes included dinners out afterwards but if you weren't in the "in" crowd you had to return to your room and figure out where and what to eat on your own.

I remember many events that I heard of afterwards and was extremely hurt by, all because my mom was a single mother and poor and we weren't ever sought out to do things with. That is where the "love" is most evident.

• Scully
    Scully

xjw_b12 wrote:

CJ and I practiced the "what happens in the hot [tub], stays in the hot tub" philosophy

This is one of the first rules of being Materialistic? without being given $h!t for it:

• You can have nice things, but only if you share them with the Elders?, COs, DOs and Pioneers?; just don't broadcast it.
  • XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I was #2 on the list with a high "intimidation factor" toward ahole elders and a "protect the flock" complex. Ditto, and I still am. I once slammed the current PO so bad that he walked out of our meeting without even praying...LOL. What an a**hole! He is tight with the CO though so its only a matter of time for me... at least I hope.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit