The Social Structure in the Congregation

by Mary 58 Replies latest jw friends

• willyloman
    willyloman

Shania: I had exactly the same experience as you, except I was the husband. It's okay, though. 'Number 8 is Great' is my new motto.

• Shania
    Shania

hey Willy nice to know we aren't the only ones at #8 it is pretty chilly here in the witness world when you are treated like nobodies.....................and you no so many people once you made it to the top.........................after my hubby stepped down the CO came the next month......mind you he had been with our cong. for 5 times already and always dealt with my hubby as the PO......we always gave him a little fun money and spend plenty of time with them in service------------------------WELL WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENNED AT THE SEVICE GROUP? When my hubby raised his hand for our group----he said in front of the whole cong.--------majority go out on Saturday-------------------------Yes brother--I forget your name-------------everyone in the hall looked dumfounded-----------but as always with his chin up he told him his name........................MY HUSBAND WALKED OUT THAT DAY AND SAID THIS IS THE LAST TIME I"M GOING OUT IN SERVICE.....................................What a snotty thing to do to such a hard working elder that gave his heart and soul for the love of the cong....................he never went out again...................thats the good part.......

• rosemary
    rosemary

I never got to be a JW...(phew)....so i am zilch.....but I'm top dog in my dream world....

I can't believe there is a social structure.............I get to learn more about JW's reading all the posts on these threads.....

• Gill
    Gill

Roughly about 5.

But I am now a stay at home mum, for many, many reasons, not just the children.

I was told this morning by a Pioneer who stopped in about my cousin, who is also a stay at home mum, is 'nothing but a mum!'

Good God! And Mrs super Pioneer is nothing but an ass hole!

• blondie
    blondie

I have been on practically every level of that chart, Mary. I found what really counts is if you have any JW male members with status in your family. Husband who is an elder is best but a father who is an elder (local) is good too. I started out my JW career as the child of a non-JW father, then a divorced JW mother.

That is why so many sisters want their husbands to "move up" in the organization.

Now I am no longer even on the chart, let alone the bottom.

As to my JW social life, I eventually adopted Groucho Marx's philosophy:

I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member. Groucho Marx

• Gill
    Gill

Blondie - that's so spot on!

As Margaret Thatcher once said: 'Everyone needs a Willy!'

I remember all the sisters, old and young who had no husband, unless they were pioneers were 'nothing' important. They were not invited to people's homes and only to partys so that they could work as waitresses and in the kitchen.

Sad world...sad organization.

• Mary
    Mary

That is why so many sisters want their husbands to "move up" in the organization.

I remember all the sisters, old and young who had no husband, unless they were pioneers were 'nothing' important. They were not invited to people's homes and only to partys so that they could work as waitresses and in the kitchen.

Perfect example of this? There was one sister who was a single parent in my Hall by the name of Debbie. Her husband took off years ago, but I can't say as I blame him. She was a lousy wife, spent his money like it was going out of style, was lazy, wouldn't cook or clean......totally useless although the image she presented to the congregation was quite different. She could give the Pope a run for his money when it comes to acting "holy". I might also add that she began an affair with her-then hubby when he was married to another woman. She got pregnant, so hubby divorced his wife and married Debbie who then became a good little Dub, always pioneering, always at every meeting.

Anyway, after Dave took off on her, she was mortified to discover the stigma of divorce and being a single parent in the Organization. She quickly realized that the only way for her to be accepted now was to pioneer, so she went on Mother's Allowance and pioneered for years until her son turned 18 and she got cut off. She had no choice, she now had to actually go work for a living but she howled long and loud to anyone who who listen, about how much she "missed pioneering". What she missed, was the social structure that she enjoyed when she was married and pioneering. As a single working woman, she was now lower than the carpet in the main foyer that everyone wipes their feet on.

Anyhoo, one of the elder's wive's died last year and within six months, this elder was engaged to Debbie (who is, by the way, young enough to be his daughter). The day they got engaged, she quit her job. After a big wedding at the Hall (she actually wore white), she went from being in the #7 category, to being #1 on the list. The guy she married has got money, so now she can spend to her hearts content, she can pioneer again, and of course, now that she's married to an elder, she's invited everywhere.............It's no different than in Hollywood: When you're at the top, everyone wants to be your friend, when you lose that position, you're lower than the dust.

• Seven
    Seven

Numero cinco here. Good thread Mary!

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

SevenOfNine,

Or in her case a mirror.

HS

• Think
    Think

Social structure ?

Wolfes in brooklin, poor sheeps slaving for them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit