Parents going crazy, please help!

by micah 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• rebel8
    rebel8

When you use the words "church" and "passover", it sounds like you really were never a jw. A jw would never call "The Memorial" "Passover". Just curious about that. Was that intentional?

Your parents may be getting a tongue-lashing about you not being in the cult any more. They've greatly increased their socialization with fellow members recently; they may be experiencing some snubbing themselves--a loss of social status due to having a child that left the org. This is just a guess.

Couldn't you just ask them about it? "Gee mom and dad, you've been acting strangely lately. You are picking on me about petty stuff, such as the color of my daughter's room. <give more examples of strange behavior> Is something wrong?"

• micah
    micah

I have thought about them trying to take advantage of my parents. They aren't "rich" but their home is paid off, own 3 rent homes and have a nice bank account. I try not to let my imagination go wild on what "could happen" but I have to admit it has crossed my mind.

When my father had the heart attack, he was hospitalized for 3 weeks. Thank God he did not have any brain damage or physical damage. We kept my fathers wishes and did what he asked. Made sure he signed the no blood form etc. I have to tell you, the night before his surgery, we spent all day helping build my father up and letting him know that everything was going to be ok. (my father is 70 yrs old) That night a "brother" showed up and started talking to my father, I let him get his spill in. However, he starts telling him of how many people have died in the hospital and to make sure all his demands are taken care of. My father had this look on his face....like a frightened child. That was the first time ....enough is enough......I just lost it. I grabbed that mans' arm and took him in the hall and told him off. I then grabbed my mother and brought her in the room and slammed the door. I was so angry. What kind of mess is that?!

Anyways, I will always watch out for my parents. You never know when they won't be here anymore.

• micah
    micah

In reply to your question, yes I was a member. Actually I was a "lucky" one and was born into the organization. My family on both sides are all jehovah witnesses.

My statement was intentional. I don't consider what they do a "memorial". My view is that the memorial is about Jesus, and that he died for our sins. Their passover is built around them and salvation thru the organization.

• Bryan
    Bryan

This is currently happening to an aunt and uncle of mine. He has never been a witness. I think in his life he may have stepped into the hall 3 times (he's in his 70's). She has always believed, but very, very seldom attended. In the last, probably, seven years, he has had at least one heart attack, quad bypass, two strokes and one of their sons committed suicide.

He can speak and could walk through walmart etc. In the last 12 months he has gotten worse and they BOTH are now attending meetings. My uncle in a kingdom hall is unbelievable! But, there they are, feeling vulnerable, time's running out. Gotta get close to god. My aunt even tried to preach to me a couple of months ago. That was so wierd.

So I think it could be your parents trying to get everything right with Jehovah as they see the reality of their failing health.

IMHO,

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Re: Parents going crazy, please help!

Families get divided. Hasn't it happened throughout history? To Adam and Eve's family right down to our day? And it is painful for both divisions.

NO matter whatever it is that you have written on your post, deep down can't you admit that your witness parents are still outside the front gate, looking into the distance to catch a glimpse of you to welcome you back with open arms and hearts and with tears of joy (which "Englishman" described as one of those JW 'moments' . (which he wrote off as 'like in the movies) It is impossible to understand or appreciate the feelings of others when one has none of one's own.

• micah
    micah

"Families get divided. Hasn't it happened throughout history? To Adam and Eve's family right down to our day? And it is painful for both divisions.

NO matter whatever it is that you have written on your post, deep down can't you admit that your witness parents are still outside the front gate, looking into the distance to catch a glimpse of you to welcome you back with open arms and hearts and with tears of joy (which "Englishman" described as one of those JW 'moments' . (which he wrote off as 'like in the movies) It is impossible to understand or appreciate the feelings of others when one has none of one's own. "

ummmm.......what are you talking about? are you trying to be funny?

You need to read the original post.

• Jodo
    Jodo

micah,
    from the sound of it, dostprefer appears to be an active witness and his post makes more "sense" when you read it from that point of view.......hope that helps

• Perry
    Perry
    Families get divided. Hasn't it happened throughout history?

Sin happens.

• Satanus
    Satanus

They are brainwashed into thinking that they are working for the god of the universe by doing all those things. They believe it's a great privilege. After the project is finished, they will very likely settle down, or even take it easier than before this, because they will really need a rest.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit