I can't take it any longer...........................goodbye

by AloneinOh 103 Replies latest jw friends

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

I tend to agree with LT. Suicide, even the aparent threat of suicide is an extreme selfish act. For those who have been through it, either as a friend/family member, or survivor, it can bring back horrid feelings.

However, it is NEVER to be taken lightly.

AloneinOH. I hope you are not serious and just looking to see if we care. Well, if that's the case you got what you wanted, and obviously needed.

Now, AloneinOH, get off your ass and get to the hospital NOW. Threats no matter what the source or reason are a serious indication of imbalance. You need help we cannot give you.

Blessings

Brenda

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

AloneinOhio,

Please respond back to us. There are others of us who have the same feelings sometimes, and those of us who have/are going through similar experiences that you have in your life. You need to realize that posts can sometimes trigger others to think bad thoughts about themselves, so you need to respond as soon as possible to let everyone know that things are alright with you.

If you feel uncomfortable about posting, please PM someone, even one of the moderators to let them know you are OK, so that they can relay the info to us.

Hoping all is well with you,

CJ

• FMZ
    FMZ

FMZ said,,,, if it is a joke then fine, no it is not fine, as i have stated ,many of us that have lost loved ones in this way and reading this just brings up the hurt. KLS, my apologies, I meant if it is a joke, then Ross's comments are correct, the guy is selfish, but I don't think it is a good idea to jump on his back just in case he really is in a bad situation.

Ross. I am singling you out because I believe you were the only one to call the guy a "selfish bastard". Yes, I have lost close friends due to suicide, and I also have friends who have lost family due to it. Sure it hurts the family, but just think of the pain the person who committed suicide was going through.

I'll tell you what, my friend, I've been on the edge. I went to the spot I was going to do it, I was right there. Fortunately, I decided to give life one more try.

All I am trying to say is that if Alone is serious, and happens to read your post, I don't think it will encourage him any being called a "selfish bastard". No, I am not on any moral high ground, I am just trying to help encourage Alone, rather than put him down.

FMZ

• missy04
    missy04

I can see both sides in a suicide...the person ending their life and the pain it leaves behind for everyone else...But as someone who has been through this sort of thing....I can say that the person attempting to commit suicide isn't thinking clearly. Sometimes people see it as the only way out. Because someone has considered or is contemplating suicide doesn't mean they're less of a person.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Keith:
    Ya might want to re-read what I posted. I didn't call our guy a SB, I addressed that to the guy who was swinging near the footpath...

Given that it looks like we're misunderstanding one-another, and both upset and frustrated by this, let me offer my apologies.
    Sorry.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Getting a bit more worried now. I pm'd him 6 hours ago - hope he answers - no sign yet...

Jeff

• Scully
    Scully

Can we all agree - for the time being - to err on the side of compassion until we know what's going on with AloneinOh?

I've sent him an e-mail and I'll let everyone know if I hear back from him.

Love, Scully

• missy04
    missy04

Thanks, Scully. I sure hope you hear back from him..

~Sarah

• FMZ
    FMZ

LT, not a problem. Who will remember in 100 years anyway? Sorry for the misunderstanding dude.

FMZ

• missy04
    missy04

Is there anything we can do meanwhile?

Can someone find out where he is and contact someone..I know some of you dont think this is serious but I think it should be taken very seriously and I'm really worried.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit