I can't take it any longer...........................goodbye

by AloneinOh 103 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

I think caution is needed here, too.

Most people, like most posters on JWD, take things on 'face value' i.e. we're trusting, but unfortunately there are some individuals who think nothing of that and think it's smart to play mind-games with an anonymous but connecting community such as this..

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

I just browsed the topic history of AiO and I don't think it's a joke. Especially the alternance of depressed and enthusiastic posts is a matter of concern imho.

AiO, if you happen to be reading don't worry too much about what people may think or feel, but get professional help now.

Then please come back and let us know.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Yes, I think any post such as this should be taken with caution. It is possible the OP is actually suicidal; it's possible he/she is not. We simply don't know.

Just some things to think about.....it is certainly possible a person could leave a genuine suicide note on a forum. People leave them in writing all the time--an online forum is just another method of communication. Another possibility is that the person suffers from some type of disorder (like Borderline Personality Disorder or Histrionic Personality Disorder) which is leading him/her to post dramatic, semi-serious suicide threats--partially in sincerity, partially to provoke people's reactions to affirm he/she is loved (which is impossible with internet "friends" who don't know the poster personally anyway)....in which case, he/she definitely needs professional help, just a different kind. Then it's also possible this is just a hoax, in which case all our responses are giving him/her a kick.

So to the OP, if you need help, please get help. If this is just a hoax, please refrain from playing such a horrible trick on others.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

love and prayers, AiO... come talk to us again soon

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

AlO, you know we understand feelings of despair on this board, probably better than most. Please let us know how you are.

Hugs,

Nina

• fairchild
    fairchild

There are moments when it is impossible to believe that better days are still ahead of you. Remember that our days are just like the trees, aio. Sometimes they are bald and ugly, but springtime will always dress them again and give their beauty back. You must believe that. I pray that you will be safe and get through this day.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

LT- that experience for the small boy was terrible. Made me shudder to read. I never understand why those set on suicide choose such public ways that can involvve life long trauma for other people, but I can think of lots of reasons.

Aloneinoh - hopefully your lack of response is simply that you posted before going to sleep, but you MUST put people's minds at rest when you log back in to this board.

I have done something similar before, not realising what havoc I was causing. Maybe I do have "borderline personality disorder" as someone else said you may have, but then having a name for a mental pain doesn't help in itself. I was in a hysterical state a few months ago and had mutilated my arms with a kitchen knife, which made quite a mess, although I wasnt "brave" enough to cause myself serious damage, just permanent scars. I went to an ex JW board for help, but owing to the time difference and my hysterical state of mind I didnt wait around for any replies after leaving a panic inducing and despairing message asking someone to help me. I caused no end of worry for some poor people who even troubled to find out my location and ring around hospitals in my area. I felt very ashamed when I logged back in a day or two later and vowed never to do that again. Like LT said it IS selfish. However the selfish part wasnt in posting that I was deeply unhappy to the point I just wanted to die, it was in disappearing after posting a message to the effect I was dripping with blood and then not waiting around long enough to explain myself on the board and talk to the people there.

I hope that when you read the messages of concern here you feel that there is indeed something worth living for. For me it is curiosity - I couldn't bear not to know what happened next and to end my story before it reaches a natural end.

crumpet x

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

ps----to everyone else answering this thread:

I know that this is an intense issue and pushes a lot of buttons for people, but whatever is happening here for AiO, whatever the feelings and motive behind it, offering love and prayers and kind words and good wishes will only to be to everyone's benefit, don't you think?... don't be afraid of being fooled or manipulated. Love is always the right choice, regardless

~Merry

• Bryan
    Bryan

Time heals all wounds....

Waiting on a responce...

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• talesin
    talesin

AiO

After all these years, you can get through this! Don't give up now.

Please talk to us, when you come back online.

talesin

Edit: Remember, the Tower MUST NOT WIN! We are stronger than they ever dreamed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit