Elder in coma said Jehovah was testing him.

by Es 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Es
    Es

Hello all,

An elder in my parents congregation passed away last week of cancer.

I dont know if this sounds weird to anyone else, but about a month before he passed away, he went into a coma, he didnt know how long he was in it for. But when he awoke he said to one of the C/O visiting him "Jehovah was testing me, and tellin me I was going to be ok". So once he awoken he wasnt afraid to die.

Does this sound a little weird to anyone, I just feel if it had of been any wordly person saying that God was talkin to them in their coma that the JW's would say it was the demons?????

es

• wednesday
    wednesday

JWS are famous for taking signs of disease or mental illness and deciding they are just being attacked by the demons or think this is a test from Jehovah. things that would send any normal person to the doc they will attribute to spiritual problems

pathetic

weds

• observador
    observador

"I just feel if it had of been any wordly person saying that God was talkin to them in their coma that the JW's would say it was the demons?????"

Absolutely! If it is a JW, the voices are from Jehovah; if not, the voices are from demons.

When in fact, as "wednesday" said, it is a form of mental illness.

Observador.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

hmmm just wondering...was he of the anointed for Jehovah to be talking directly to him???? Or was he on the GB????

• Es
    Es

hi sweetp, no he wasnt one of the annointed or governing body, just an ordinary elder.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    But when he awoke he said to one of the C/O visiting him "Jehovah was testing me, and tellin me I was going to be ok". So once he awoken he wasnt afraid to die.

Testing him? What- by putting him in a coma?

So Jehovah told him he was going to be okay-but he died a month later? He was around for another month and PFFFFFFT!--that was IT, huh?

And what was "going to be okay"? They don't even believe in "going" anywhere..........

Poor deluded man.

Whatta cockamamy religion.

Annie

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

That is just some nice story he told himself that his own mind created so that he could handle the situation. It would be hard if he admitted "Jehovah isn't real, he abandoned me, I'm scared, I'm going to die, etc"

If he tells himself that it's all going to be okay, it eases his mind. But they were all his own thoughts. Bottom line.

• Scully
    Scully

Honestly, I wouldn't take the C/O's word for anything. What he says he observed could be a pure fabrication. Maybe that's what the C/O would have liked to hear the elder say, not what the elder actually said (if he said anything at all or even came out of his coma for a little while).

I don't buy it. I really don't. To me, it sounds like something they're going to use in the Infomercial Memorial Talk?.

By the way, since when did JWs believe that it's Jehovah who tests His People? with bad things?? For the 25 years that I was a JW, they always blamed those Tests? on Satan the Devil. And how on earth could a person in a coma be Tested?, anyway?? Are they going to commit fornication or blasphemy or start smoking??? What kind of dumb Test? is that??

Love, Scully

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

scully, you're on a roll... that is hilarious.

Maybe the test was would be committ adultery in his heart by having lustful thoughts of the nurse while she bathed him or something like that.

• stopthepain
    stopthepain

WTF!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit