New Witness

by Rjmoss 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome Rjmoss (may be too late for that, perhaps I should be saying "goodbye")

If you're still here, don't listen to the apostates. Beards are evil. They are clear signs of masculinity and strength which can turn the sisters on and bring reproach to Jehovah's organization.

Besides, I think the Society owns stock in Gillette.

j

• forgetmenot
    forgetmenot
    Besides, I think the Society owns stock in Gillette.

That provided a chuckle in my humdrum life. Thanks!

• jgnat
    jgnat

Welcome, rjmoss. I am not a Jehovah's Witness, but I think I can answer your question pretty faithfully. The rule of thumb is to do nothing or wear nothing that would bring reproach to Jehovah's name. The scriptural reference for this is:

1 Titus 3:7 (BBE) And he is to have a good name among those outside the church, so that nothing may be said against him and he may not be taken by the designs of the Evil One.

The simplest way to do this is to dress like a man about town from the 1950's. That means tinted lip gloss is out. Bryclreem is in. Earrings are out. Ties are in. Tats are out. White shirts are in. Jeans are out. Single-breasted is in.

The brothers and sisters have probably avoided bringing this up until now, since they kindly did not want to warn you off the society with too many burensome rules and requirements.

• kazar
    kazar

Hi RJmoss and welcome

I am new here too. I last attended a book study about 8 months ago. I think the earrings are good-looking, but I can assure you from what I've heard at the book studies earrings would be a matter of some reproof from a "mature one" in the truth. By the way, I am no longer a Witness. Are you? I no longer attend any meetings of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Honesty
    Honesty

As a former 'mature brother in Christ the Watch Tower Publishing Corporation' are you aware that by being on this site you can be shunned by your JW family, the 'loving princes' (Elders) and the congregation?

Welcome!!!!

I invite you to attend Worship Services at the church I belong to if you are within 20 miles of Knoxville, TN.

Wear your ear rings and dress as you please, tattoos are ok, ask questions... we will not accuse you of being an apostate if you ask anything. Remember, God looks at the inside and not the outside.

I hope you are not permanently damaged by your association with the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society and its affiliated religious organisations.

• Es
    Es

welcome

I would say its a conscience matter but dont expect to have any "privledges" given to you. My friend lost all his privledges when he grew a goatee

es

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Isn't it odd that the Watchtower Society can use a passage in Leviticus 17:14 against eating blood and transfusions, but totally ignore another passage two chapters down 19:27: "You must not cut YOUR side locks short around, and you must not destroy the extremity of your beard"?

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

New Witness: The position of the WTS (for people in the US and Canada) is that an earing is a piece of women's jewelry. Men shouldn't wear them. This would be cross-dressing. If you do, you will be viewed as weak and immature and will not be given any privleges, and you will not be allowed on the platform or in the TMS if you wear the earing. You can go in service (by the way, no one can be excluded from service).That's the extent of it. This is the same treatment for men who wear beards.

• new boy
    new boy

Welcome

One district overseer said you couldn't ware your baseball cap on backwards.

He doesn't like earrings on women. {"showy display of ones means of life"]

I'm not sure he even likes women?

Keith

• rebel8
    rebel8

Rjmoss,

Check these WTS references. Keep in mind, even if they are ?old?, you will be hard-pressed to find any printed retraction of these rules. That means they are still active rules.

Watchtower , 5/1/1968, p. 286; Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1975, pp. 500-1; Speech given by Joseph Howard, District Overseer, during the 1990-1991 Circuit Assembly of Jehovah?s Witnesses

From http://www.factnet.org/rancho5.htm?FACTNet

The (high control group) tends to be totalitarian in its control of the behavior of its members. (high control group)s are likely to dictate in great detail what members wear, eat, when and where they work, sleep, and bathe-as well as what to believe, think, and say.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit