New Witness

by Rjmoss 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Rjmoss
    Rjmoss

Hey everyone I am new here and a new witness, I have a question about earrings....is it wrong or bad for a male to have one? or is it just personal preference, because I have one, and I am not sure. I dont where it to the meetings. Please inform me!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    is it wrong or bad for a male to have one

No it's not. I also see nothing wrong with a man having a beard.

However I'm afraid the religious sect known as Jehovah's Witnesses will disapprove. Why? Because. No reason, just because. There is no scriptural basis for objecting to an earring or facial hair for a man.

I say you should listen to your own conscience, there's a reason why God gave it to you.

• Rjmoss
    Rjmoss

Ok so you think its ok? I dont understand the beard thing either, but I did cut mine.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

There is nothing in the Bible that prohibits a man wearing an earring.

Additionally, there is no Scriptural basis for the Society to ban beards. Jesus had one, as did the apostles (as did Russell for that matter!).

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

It is exactly related to the beard thing Rj. You dont displease God with a beard or an earring. You displease God by being arrogant enough to make rules in Gods name and then enforce them on other people.

And by 'you' I mean the witness leadership.

IPSec

• Rjmoss
    Rjmoss

ok thanks man such a big help!!!

• JH
    JH

They won't give you any privileges if you don't "look" like a JW. JW's must all look alike.

• Rjmoss
    Rjmoss

Soo wat exactly are you two guys saying? Is it Wrong ??

• Valis
    Valis

Not to us, but certainly if you are thinking of the Witness outlook on things, then yes earrings are not acceptable for men. I never understood the beard issue either, except for the Witness' obsessive desire for all things uniform and banal.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Soo wat exactly are you two guys saying? Is it Wrong ??

Well in all honesty it depends on who you are trying to please. If your own conscience has no problem with it, then I say go for it. There are many men who wear facial hair and earrings today. I wouldn't bat an eye at it. There are men in my office who have either (and one has both!).

However if you are trying to please the elders, that's another issue. The elders are closed minded Pharisees who do not appreciate the Bible. In their limited view, they will not approve of facial hair or earrings.

So I guess it's up to you.

If I were 20 years younger I'd have an earring. But I look kinda goofy in a beard though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit