What would God say?

by Taylor S. 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

Coffee makes my mind wander. This morning after reading some threads, I thought ... how could God logically expect man to grow closer to him as time keeps rolling further and further away from the miracles of old.

Haven't seen a burning bush or nothing in a hot minute. I mean, those are the things that kept people's attention. Oh yeah, and that parting the red sea thing ... that was pretty cool too. Dramatic.

Wouldn't an all knowing entity realize that the time is 'nigh' for another clear, unmistaking miracle? Wouldn't it be cool if he just globally turned the skies bright red ... and interrupted televison, cell phones, popped up on computers all at once ..... and said, "YO ... this is God."

What do you think God would say to the world ... once he had entire planet's attention?

taylor

• cindykp
    cindykp

You know, thats a good question!

Knowing how the world is now, that he created, you would think he would do something like that and tell us what we all need to do! That way we wouldnt have to guess, or come to the JWD for answers. And then, if we did not listen to him, feel free to ex us!

Cindy

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman
    Wouldn't an all knowing entity realize that the time is 'nigh' for another clear, unmistaking miracle? Wouldn't it be cool if he just globally turned the skies bright red ... and interrupted televison, cell phones, popped up on computers all at once ..... and said, "YO ... this is God."

I wonder how many would really believe if that actually happened, and how many would still insist on finding some other explanation for the phenomena?

• Undecided
    Undecided
    some other explanation for the phenomena

Yea, the Borg would insist it was the devil.

Ken P.

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

Yea, the Borg would insist it was the devil.

Ken P.

Yeah, in their delightfully vague way .....

Some of you have speculated as to recent events and the supposed heavenly mass instruction, wondered if possibly such phenomena is not the latest blatant attempt by evil forces to cause us to mis-step ... yes, to cause us to stumble in this time of the end ......

• upside/down
    upside/down

Yeah,

Can you imagine if the FDS would have told us to buy stock in Yahoo, Microsoft, Cisco etc. at the right time... hell we'd own the planet!

We'd all be pioneerin' and could PROVE that "God" was with us, with our MEGA PLATINUM TITANIUM GOLD IRIDIUM CARDS!!!

Of course, we'd still all drive 4 door cars and wear cheap polyester suits, just to keep us "humble".

just a thought....

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

upside-down ...

speak for yourself. i say screw humble, i want a purple metallic Hummer with hydro-shocks so i can bounce and blast those cool Kingdom aposto-raps I read in the other thread.

** can't find the emoticon with the gold chains and doo-rag **

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

"Oi, I would'nt wish this bursitis on my Worst enemy!"

~Hill

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

my theory ...

i see the god of adam & eve as a petulant child ... and the earth has been its little science project all along. so ... what happens when the little guy gets bored with his experiment.

Gives a whole new meaning to armaggedon. Like when my sea-monkey tank started to smell funny, I just flushed the whole business down the toilet. Hasn't that their armaggedon? Had some sea-monkey prophet foretold it all?

So I think his message might be, "You're all poopy-heads." Then he'd flush. No survivers ... no 'great crowd' smiling and carrying fruit ..... no drama. He'd just get our attention (they love attention) ...

... then gurgle gurgle gurgle, down the drain of the universe.

tS

• Carmel
    Carmel

Kitab'I'Iqan!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit