why dont KH have windows?

by Buck 27 Replies latest jw friends

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

It was a joint decision on behalf of the building committee, half of them did car park duty and didnt want other people to see that they werent listening to the meeting when they carried out this privilege duty.

• blondie
    blondie

My hubbie and I drive all over the US and Canada and have noticed a lot of newer churches are these metal buildings without windows. I do think the invention and improvement of modern HVAC systems as led to this partly due to the lower cost.

There is no unwritten rule in the WTS forbidding windows in KHs. I just saw some pictures on KHs in Africa and they don't even have 4 walls.

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

You would think with the "light getting brighter all the time" they would want to have windows. But then again maybe the "new light is getting so bright they don't want people to have to wear shades."

In any case, they just don't know what they are missing, when the light hits those stained glass windows the show is spectacular.

• Mary
    Mary

It's so we can't see the elders and MS's smoking up during the intermission.

• JAVA
    JAVA

It's to keep the "new light" in so it won't mix with the outside-old light. Also, the sun's ulteraviolet rays could harm the "new light," so Jehovah has commanded that all new KH have no windows. God speaks to me; that's how I know this is the correct and only answer.

• Mamacat
    Mamacat

The first hall I attended did have windows, but they were covered by heavy, ugly curtains..that nasty, dark gold color. They built a new hall, and it didn't have any.

There was a new hall built for another congregation, and it did have windows for about a week...then, it was vandalized, so they put up criss cross boards on the outside and drywalled over them on the inside. It looked really stupid, especially for a brand new building!

• integ
    integ

Mine did.

BTW, Cindy, I don't mean to be rude or insensitive, but you may want to look into getting a makeover.

Integ.

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

My KH did not have windows at one point it did but they painted them over on the inside, put wood shutters over and blocked them in from the outside to be flush with the rest of the building. And I have never seen a KH with windows myself.

Dragonlady76

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit