why dont KH have windows?

by Buck 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Buck
    Buck

is this to save money? Thats the only reason I can think of.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

It depends the location of the KH. When I was in Puerto Rico all KH had windows and all the windows were open during meetings. When I moved to the US I noticed that there were no windows at the KH, but why would you need any in a hall were there is air conditioning during the summer and heat during winter.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

One time I asked that very same question and I was told that people would get distracted looking out the windows and wouldn't put their hearts and minds fully on what was being said from the platform.

Can you say 'indoctrination scheme'?!

DY

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

For the same reasons prisons don't have windows

• blondie
    blondie

save money in construction

save money in insurance

save money in utilities (AC/heating)

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

So no one could jump.

• cindykp
    cindykp

The one here where i live has tons of windows, but the blinds are always shut! LOL

Cindy

• kellex
    kellex

If you notice, most churches do NOT have windows, not only JW Kingdom Halls. Don't know what the reason is... but it was something that I noticed (after it was brought up on another ex-JW message board).

Neither to dance clubs and local bars! LOL

J~

• talesin
    talesin

I asked my JW family this question. He said it was because of vandalism and windows too often being broken. So they started building them sans fenetres.

BUT, personally, I think it's for secrecy.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

No conspiracy - since all meetings are open to the public.

The hall I started in had windows - built around 1959 [as a Kingdom Hall originally also]

The new one - no windows - as is the almost universal design since the 80's in the US at least.

All the reasons listed apply; security, cost, heating/cooling, distractions also prob part of it

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit