"Music That Debases"

by xjw_b12 29 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    Oh thanks RS, way to rain on my Christ complex.

Awww sorry Sixy. Can you ever forgive me??

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Don't they get that normal people don't give a rat's @ss whether or not Tori Amos is a Christian?

Well many JWs would have a problem with her IF she were a Christian. You know, worshipping a false god and all that. I remember an elder scolding me because I had an Amy Grant song playing

RS you're probably giving your conductor grey hairs every day. Good for you!

• RebelliousSpirit
    RebelliousSpirit
    Well many JWs would have a problem with her IF she were a Christian. You know, worshipping a false god and all that. I remember an elder scolding me because I had an Amy Grant song playing

Oh for cryin out loud, you just can't win with these people can you??

RS you're probably giving your conductor grey hairs every day. Good for you!

She is looking a little under the weather these days, perhaps I'm wearing on her. lol!

That's ok .. I'm currently trying to figure out a way to "fire" her anyhow.

How the hell do you "fire" the PO's wife as your conductor without "bringing reproach" on your JW husband? Hmmm .... whata dilemma.

• Quotes
    Quotes

I just wanted to add: I saw something on TV a few years ago about "backward maskig".

IIFC, the record executive said: 'Frankly, if we had the ability to do that, and felt it was effective, we would be adding messages like "BUY MORE RECORDS" and "COMPLETE YOUR COLLECTION" '

Kind of puts it all in perspective, don't it?

Once again, the WT's paranoia and credulity causes them to accept and promote and Urban Legend as "God's Spiritual Food At The Proper Time (TM)".

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

This was always a big personal issue with me I love heavy rock. Always have done , always will. I just knew that the WT were barking up the wrong tree , and I would have none of it. I made no secret from those who knew me, but I did not crusade against the stand. I certainly was one elder who never counselled anybody to get rid of records..

From what you have written, I think that it seems to have been taken more seriously over there. Here the counsel was noted , no doubt some over zealous fathers made their kids life unbearable, but as elders I never knew of anyone being pressured.

I used to spend time collecting snippets of info about classical composers lives , to use in retalliation if I was ever challenged.

I guess it was one major situation that made me see that I was a square peg in a round hole. I did not fit the role that I was playng out, but I did it for over two decades

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Well my hats off to those who kept their vinyls.

You must have been part of the same crowd who after the talk was given, went out that night to see Santana. The name of the club? Lucifers.

I think one of the talks the next morning was "Do You Lead a Double Life?"

LOL

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

I had to bin Led Zep IIII, ELO for some reason (must have been a dodgy song), and the Eagles, (witchy woman) madness I tell ya!!

BM

• IronGland
  • GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

brutusmaximus,

I had to bin...ELO for some reason

Maybe they got John McLaughlin confused with Elton John. I know I did, all the time. gently f eral

• upside/down
    upside/down

Kingdom Melodies - acapella style.....

I feel suicidal when subjected to those deeemonik tunes!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit