UFO sightings and close encounters

by seesthesky 10 Replies latest jw experiences

• seesthesky
    seesthesky

Have you seen a UFO or had a close encounter with an (apparent) extraterrestrial?

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

only on mushrooms

• exjwshell
    exjwshell

Let me start by saying that I am a very level headed person and have NEVER seen a UFO myself, BUT my husband swears that he and a couple of friends saw one years ago in his hometown. For years he's told me this story of a multi-colored, hovering, disc-like object that he and several friends saw one night. He says the next day all of them sketched a picture of what they saw and the sketches were all the same. (He swears they weren't "on" anything).

I have just listened to his story being retold for years. A couple of years ago while surfing the "net", he did some searches on UFO sightings in MN. Well, as it turns out a police officer in a town that was very close to where my husband grew up reported a UFO and described it just as my husband and his friends saw it.

HMMM....

~Shell

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

I haven't seen a UFO, but have witnessed a different "unidentified" phenomenon...the Marfa lights. These are glowing spheres which drift back and forth across the desert near the town of Marfa, Texas. There are documented reports going back for over a century. They can be seen from the highway, and I stopped and watched for a long while one night. Really odd! I suppose a devout JW would say they were demons.....

• Jaypeeto
    Jaypeeto

I have had no contact with the supposed "extraterrestrials," ( I would run like a bat out of hell if I did ), but I have seen a UFO, only once. I was 17 and playing with my little dog at the time. I happened to look to the north-northwest, towards the Orange Bowl, and saw what looked like a bright helicopter headlight just hovering in the sky. Thinking nothing of it, I continued to play with my dog for awhile, and about 15 minutes later looked, and that light was still there, and still no sound. I thought that the helicopter must be hovering at quite a distance away. Then suddenly, the light began to burn more brightly and intensely and rose straight up into the air. It began to move southeast in my direction, and when it got to my northeast, it stopped completely. It then turned red, then blue, then white, then red, blue, green, and white again. Then it began to expel little smaller round lights that came out of it one by one and lined up in a straight line. All of the sudden, the smaller lights took off in all directions, zig-zagging in the sky, making sharp, no-curve turns, etc., and the big light began to move and at the same time put out more little lights. I screamed like hell and got my father, mother, sister, grandmother, and neighbors outside to watch the "show". It went on for an hour and a half. To this day my father says it is the weirdest thing he ever saw. I called the military base in Coconut Grove, Florida and they told me that I was "seeing flares that were being dropped over Key Biscayne." Now I thought, give me a break, Key Biscayne is to my south-southeast, and this light originated in the Northwest and I have never heard of flares acting like that. Anyway, I have no idea what it actually was, but it certainly was not "flares from Key Biscayne", that's for sure. And I have no desire to have a weird experience like that again. It was fascinating, but it gave me goose-bumps.

Love, Jaypeeto

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

When I was a kid....like 11 or 12...my dad took me deep sea fishing in Maine. We had to get up VERY early and it was like a 3 hour drive. I saw an object in the sky that I could not identify or explain. It moved in short, fast bursts of speed and then stopped and hovered briefly...it would then dart off quickly in another direction...almost too fast for your eyes to follow it.....and then it was simply gone...no idea what it was and I was told not to tell anyone because they might be concerned that I was intrerested in the "paranormal". I wasn't interested but it would have been nice to know what I had seen. LOL

• what_Truth?
    what_Truth?

In all seriousness I did experience missing time once in JR High (back in my good dub days). One day during lunch I was hanging out at a friend's house. I left to go back to school just before the bell rang. Nothing unusual right?

Well the next day the Vice Prinicipal pulls me into his office and asks me where I was for that afternoon. I told him I was in class. He said "That's funny because I checked the attendance record and you were marked absent by three of your afternoon teachers." I said that there had to be some mistake since I distinctly remember being at school the entire day, although for some reason I couldn't remember anything that had happened in my classes.

Since I was a good student the vice principal rechecked with my teachers and sure enough all of them confirmed that I hadn't been there. I got a half week's detention for playing hooky. The strange thing is that to this day I have no idea what really happened to me during those 3 hours.

• undercover
    undercover

Don't do drugs, mmmkay?

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

my sighting of a really good ufo was when i was flying from mallorca to england. we had just crossed the spanish mainland coastline heading for the pyrenees, and to the port side there was a thin black horizontal line which i thought may have been a cloud, but it seemed odd so i kept my watching it. then this line started to contract and turned into a metalic sphere with the sun glistening off it and then it started to expand out into a line again just before my view of it was blocked by the port wing. it was quite extraordinary to see this thing change shape. im certain these things on the whole are operated by the military rather than some alien race, but i certainly wouldnt rule out alien ufos.

just to add, i certainly would rule out that they are operated by demunz, as some jws claim.

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Ok. Here's mine:

Fiance, soon to be husband #2, and I moved to a daylight basement apartment. About a month after moving in, I got really hypervigilent at night going to bed and had to check to make sure all the windows and doors were locked, and there was nothing in the closets that shouldn't be there. I'd have to do this 2 or 3 times before going to bed, and would often get up in the middle of the night to go through the house again. This was after a night that I can only describe as a "black sleep". I didn't feel groggy or drug out the next morning, I felt quite normal.

C was really agitated that week after the "black night". Finally he sat me down and asked what I knew about extraterrestrials, explained that he had a visit, and suggested I read "Communion". I did. He has all the marks on his body of one who is visited and has been followed since childhood.

Our take on what happened is that I was drugged, and he was inspected. They reminded him they were still watching him, no matter where he moved. (He had visits in Alaska aboard fishing boats)

Because of my own personal experience of the "black sleep" and my hypervigilence of feeling like my home had been violated, I concur that something did happen that night.

Note, this was during an extended period of sobriety for me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit