Anyone wanna pick apart the special talk?

by IP_SEC 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

IP_SEC:
    Maybe the second version would be better for ya
    It only took another 20mins to knock up.

I have the pink book but, no, I used the orange one

If you change your mind and want to insert a "going out with a bang" speech, just let me know and I'll see if I can help you
    I don't recommend it for it's affect on the nerves, though.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

~~Most religious artwork depicts Jesus as frail, halo-encircled, effeminate, and melancholy

Maybe I'm way off base here, but every time I heard this reasoning I got to wondering about it. What Jesus had gone through prior to his crucifixion---the sleeplessness, the travel, the diet, and subsequently the beating and carrying of the Cross----how would anyone portray him as anything BUT frail, etc!

The same holds true throughout his ministry---he wasn't lazing around dining on beer and pizza! He was active and grabbing food and sleep wherever he could. I don't think that I would picture him as a pro-wrestler look-alike!

Yet ANOTHER case of the WTS making sure they are different, and putting down other religion's views. Let's face it---the GB wasn't THERE, and neither was anyone else, but they always feel they are so superior and have "insight" to the real events and what people looked like!

Annie

• jgnat
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Btw, that song is in the Pink book, too. It's the penultimate one in the book (118, just before 119 - "Keep Your Eyes on the Prize").

Yeah, I've still got that one, too
    LOL

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Actually I find this outline refreshingly free of WT dogma and actually talking about Jesus without adding too much of their own. IF i were still "In" I would have enjoyed delivering this one.

People sometimes predict that the borg will go more mainstream and appeal to popular christianity . Could this be a step in that direction?

• Neo
    Neo

bttt

• Pwned
    Pwned
    Most religious artwork depicts Jesus as frail, halo-encircled, effeminate, and melancholy (g98 12/8 5-6)
    A close examination of the Scriptures reveals that Jesus was vigorous, manly, joyful and certainly not sanctimonious (Mr 6:3; Lu 2:52; Joh 2:14-16; Ac 2:26-28
    Just as most religious artwork is misleading, so are most religious teachings about who Jeus was and why he suffered and died.

Does this sound a bit homophobic to anyone else?

• freedom96
    freedom96

My mother in law is visiting from across the States, but, she had to attend this "special talk!"

Isn't the only thing "special" about this talk is the fact it is usually given to everyone across the world the same weekend? I remember them getting so excited about the unity about how everyone will hear the same message at the same time.

I think it is funny as hell that I have a copy (thanks to this site) of this talk. My underage son, who sadly is still involved with his mother, was shocked that I found out what the "special announcement" was a couple of weeks ago before anyone from the hall knew. He still can't figure it out!

• EvilForce
    EvilForce

Yes it does sound homophobic. They can't go two meetings without demonizing homosexuals. Claiming we are child molesters and such. Um, no.... that would be your sexually repressed "flock" that is so sexually starved for some kind of love they become deviants.

Manly? What does that mean? Do I need to knock a woman around here and there to show how manly I am?

Jesus spent most of his time around other men that he loved....hmmmm....oh, and did Jesus once ever condemn homosexuality? I think he spent as much time on that subject as he did on "organizational" matters...exactly ZERO.

• The Leological One
    The Leological One
    WHAT....Not another Little Toe...

Wow~! What'd Little Toe do~?!?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit