WHY Doesn't The WTS Observe The Resurrection?

by Sunspot 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I never got a real answer about this when I was a JW. The only explanation that I ever got was that Jesus said to "do this in remembrance of me" meaning the taking in of the wine and unleavened bread.

He never said "not" to observe his Birth or his resurrection. The rising of his body to claim victory over death and absolve humankind of their sins---would be THE most important event in (Christian) history , wouldnt you think?

But.....the WTS pays absolutely NO attention to this awesome miracle, and even goes about its usual business as if were an everyday occurrence. NO mention of the day is said at the KHs and this event is never mentioned!

So, why IS it so glossed over, never even saying "He is risen" to fellow "Christians", when it is the basis of their faith. (supposedly)

I'd like to hear your comments on this.

Annie

• blondie
    blondie

I was told it was because Jesus did not command his followers to observe it...

but then I asked

"Where did Jesus command his followers to have 5 hours of meetings a week?

Silence....

Blondie

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Jesus is just a foil for the recruitment propaganda and behavior control being dispensed. Paul did the same thing, in fact that is what christianity is founded upon. Jesus is the mascot and mouthpiece for the philosophy and threats of early Chritianitian thinkers. Take Jesus out and replace him with Muhammed and nothing changes.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Sunspot:

Would another way to ask this question be,

"Why does this group celebrate or even acknowledge the death of Jesus, & not the resurrection!

or in their teaching - the Re-Creation. Which is every dead JWs hope!

• Big Dog
    Big Dog

Because Sunspot as has been pointed out in other threads they (WBTS) have a pathological need to be different, they equate different as marking them as special. Yeah special, as in the the short bus. They can't call it bread and wine, or host, no, we call it emblems (gag). We can't call it church, it is a kingdom hall. Special little cult speak that only insiders will understand. Yeah, he is risen, if you are a christian just about the biggest deal that there is in the whole enchilada and the borg don't even mention it. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Another way to phrase this question would be "If I stick my head up my own ass and sneeze will I do a flip" Either question is pointless to them! These people don't care anything about Jesus or even Jehover all they care about is control and the APPEARENCE of right... Buncha turds!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    These people don't care anything about Jesus or even Jehover

Exactly. Just listen to their everyday conversation. They talk about the organization more than they talk about god.

Walter

• the_classicist
    the_classicist
    I was told it was because Jesus did not command his followers to observe it...

but then I asked

Silence....

Blondie

Blondie, the simplest reasoning is always the best, isn't it?

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Silence....

lol@blondie. Nice one!

J

• upside/down
    upside/down
    they (WBTS) have a pathological need to be different, they equate different as marking them as special. Yeah special, as in the the short bus

Oh my gawd how true!

That sums it up.

u/d

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit