Another JW divorce!

by Goldminer 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Goldminer
    Goldminer

My wife just got word that another couple in the local congregation will be divorcing.This will be the third one within 2 years,all couples in their 20's-30's,just like us here.

Anyways,he committed adultery,got a std and she threw him out;the children are devastated.He was known for flirting with any attractive woman,married or not,christian or not.

What upsets me is that these people all went to the hall acting like righteous christians and pre-meditating their family-breaking adultery.Meanwhile,I'm treated like shit because I don't attend all meetings here,they must have a wager on my wife and I.Like I told the wife before<i'm not going anywhere and I value my family.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane
    What upsets me is that these people all went to the hall acting like righteous christians and pre-meditating their family-breaking adultery.Meanwhile,I'm treated like shit because I don't attend all meetings here

That's what makes me so nauseous with their holier than thou attitude. Makes me want to vomit

• franklin J
    franklin J

I feel bad for anyone divorcing with children.

I feel sorry especially for the children. I have seen SO MANY of my non JW friends divorce over the years. It is disturbing. Of course; most of the JW friends I had years ago who married so young have gone through a divorce.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Committed adultery... and got an std?!!! YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also get the 'spiritually strong' ones shunning me because I don't attend meetings regularly. It's awful!

DY

• MonkeyPrincess
    MonkeyPrincess

The divorce rates in the Org must be the highest anywhere. Everyone that i grew up with
    in the hall is divorced. Every friend i had that is still a witness is divorced, except for one
    couple. Its so sad, i attribute that to being forced to marry someone who is a witness
    rather than marrying them because you are in love.
    Luckily i married a "worldly" man and we are as happy as can be. Now going on 5 years
    strong.

MP

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Harper Valley PTA...

J

• JAVA
    JAVA

About half of all marriages end in divorce, and a good number have multiple divorces. It's no surprise JWs fall into the norm. As some already suggested, JWs have a small group to pick from for mates, and their altered view of the world might not help either. It's nearly impossible to know if the divorce rate within the sect is higher than the norm because the WT doesn't track important information about their followers. Anyway, they wouldn't share it if they did.

Divorce within the ranks could be more difficult to deal with because professional counseling is not encouraged. Even when professional counseling is engaged, many Witness may not be totally honest because it might make the religion look bad. Just another benefit of being in "the Truth."

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Same thing happened to my sister. She met some witness guy and they were engaged when my wife and I got married. Of couse she wouldn't come to the wedding and would barely talk to us when we visited my mom. She was very "holier than thou". Well she got married to the fella and one year later they were divorced. As for my wife and I, five years this May and never happier.

Kinda throws the "You will know them by their love" thing out the window doesn't it?

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Or there are the marriages like the one I know of, where the wife had an affair with the Doctor she worked for, yet, she got reproved only and her elder husband got demoted and now they attend a different KH with their 4 children.

It's just a lot of dysfunctional people who can't or won't get the help they need. They struggle but are waiting for armeggedon to fix all their unhappiness.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I hate it when any divorces, it's the death of a relationship that held so many promises. Of all the couples I knew 20 years ago that were newly married, I only know of one that stayed together, and that's our own big tex and nina!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit