Love your Vegis!

by forgetmenot 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Here's my suggestion, as I told my sister recently:

Stop this being a vegetarian nonsense, and start finally enjoying food in general!!!

DY

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Being a vegeterian is fine ... for a while. I was one for years. Now my body does not produce vitamin B12. My doctor told me it is a direct result of a meatless diet. Taking supplements could help but our bodies do require the B12 only found in sufficient quantities of meat. Now I must get B12 injections for the rest of my life.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Sorry, when I eat, something's gonna die.

Thats funny. Well I knew this girl and she said she eats nothing with a face. I told her I don't eat anything that screams before it dies.

Brooke

• Valis
  • IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

If slaughterhouses had glass walls we'd all be vegan.

Poor moo cows. I hate anything dyin' It is repugnant to sustain life at the expense of another. *suits up in flame retardant clothes*

• a friend in need
    a friend in need

Thank you Valis for providing that info. It really does back up everything my doctor told me. Basically there is no totally safe way to be a vegetarian. Even taking the supplements they recommend ... they still say to keep getting your B12 levels checked. There are more side effects to having no B12 in your body. Getting the injections is the simple part. If I knew then what I know now, I'd never have been a vegetarian.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    It is repugnant to sustain life at the expense of another

Don't you watch The Lion King? It's the circle of life...

Why eat vegetables... they are living entities....

If however you meant the "ancient Chinese" definition of repugnant (ie. tasty) than I agree. I alway order the "repugnant chicken" at Chinese restaurants. LOL!

u/d (of the save a tree eat a beaver class)

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    It is repugnant to sustain life at the expense of another.

Does that mean I have to stop eating my veggies? I feel bad for all those poor carrots, beans, and potatos.

Walter

• BrendaCloutier
    BrendaCloutier

Gardenburgers. I'm an omnivour bit I really enjoy them. From freezer to toaster to mouth.

I understand the need to sink your teeth into something and give it a good gnaw. Good luck.

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.
    I don't eat anything that screams before it dies.

Brooke

Brookie-pooh ....

i know the feeling. i boiled this huge lobster once ... i can still hear the high-pitched, almost imperceptable little scream it made. never did that again.

oh ... i still eat lobster though ... i just don't participate in its murder.

tS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit