Depression - a possible cure in sight

by gumby 28 Replies latest jw friends

• new light
    new light

I've battled depression for years and this cure lines up with what works for me.....don't let negative thoughts survive. Even the smallest negative thought can fester into a full-on bad mood, so I've found its best to kill these little bastards as soon as they creep up. Worrying excessively about the future is bad, better to just whittle it down to what you can do to change it right now, instead of just stressing. The past is the past, learn from it what you may and move on. Life is what it is. The difference is in how we perceive it. Works for me. This winter was absolute shit. I was unemployed and broke and wallowing in thoughts of being better off dead. This little philosophy just might be the key to no more depression.

• gumby
    gumby

NewLight......hugs to you bro.

I had/having a bad one myself. I totally agree 100% with your idea on negative thoughts and how they can fester. Attitude is the key oftentimes to many troubles. Attitude can be adjusted simply by thought and it's free. A mind full of negative things will produce a body that feels like poo poo. Thanks for the reminder....I needed it Next time I see ya.....I'll twist up a fatty for the both of us

Rabbit......

if your finger gets tired of pulling that Tazer trigger, I'm pretty good with electronics. I can set up a remote trigger here at home on my keyboard, refrigerator door or even the toilet seat. I've got your best interests at heart, bud.
    Now your freakin me out dude! All I can picture, is you sittin there in your torn underwear, unshaved, an empty 12 pack of cheap "ice" beer, wipin boogers under the coffee table and thinkin of evil stuff all day long. Ya big Howard Hughes excentric bastard.......stay away from me dammit, you've finally gone berserk! I told ya that weed you had was sprayed with sumthin!
  • xenawarrior
  • rebel8
    rebel8
    She along with 5 others, had electrical wires the size of spegetti and about a foot long, implanted in her brain that sends out 130 shock impulses per minute to eliminate negative thoughts by the mind. This is in an experimental stage but sounds promising to those severely depressed.

I'm skeptical. Sounds like an urban myth.

• gumby
    gumby

XW.....so, you been peekin in my backyard and takin pictures huh? What goes around comes around. Next time your takin a shower....you better shut the blinds.

Gumby

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Gumby and Big T. in a big cold field with the wind blowin baaaaaaaa

Happy trails to youuuuuu

moo

• gumby
    gumby

Well.....I can only think of a few I wouldn't mind standin with in a cold field with Big T.....and your one of them. At least you'd find something positive to talk about and make the day pass by quickly.

Gumby

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

this just in...............

Poor Gumby tried the newfangled depression technique and unfortunately turned the electrical current up too high:

don't try this at home folks!

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

"Torn underwear?" "Cheap "Ice" Beer?" How did you kno-w...?

(looks around for hidden cameras)

Rabbit ( runs to flush pot down potty...pee cheap beer, flush --ZZZZZZZZZZZTTT, flush --ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTT, flush --ZZZZZZZZZTTT! )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit