How would a JW handle this? 587 proved correct date for fall of Jerusalem

by confusedjw 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• integ
    integ

Scholar,

What college would give you a degree? I think you are making that up, along with all the other crap you spew.

Integ.

• AlanF
    AlanF

IP_SEC is right. There'd be some fallout, but the Watchtower cult would survive. It ought not to, but it would, because the F&DS doctrine has reached a point where it stands on its own, not because there's any evidence, but because of sheer momentum in the JW community. It gets down to the Fundamental Doctrine of Jehovah's Witnesses once again: the GB speaks for God because the GB says so. It's a house of cards where all of the foundation cards have been quickly pulled, and it still stands because it hasn't yet had time to fall down. Of course, a great deal of imagination on the part of JWs helps by blowing hot air upward under the house.

As for unscholar here, anyone can easily look up the 607 vs 587 threads he's been involved in, by clicking on "Member Directory" and following the links[edited]. This is unique even for a JW, because even when the Watchtower's comments themselves prove his claims wrong, he refuses to admit it and simply runs away. Such is the power of cult-think.

AlanF

• AlanF
    AlanF

That's an excellent challenge, Honesty. Unscholar has sometimes challenged us critics to produce a complete and consistent timeline of the Jewish kings, which is impossible because the biblical data is internally inconsistent. He claims that the Watchtower Society has managed to reconcile the discrepancies, but it has not. In the old Aid book, under the subject "Chronology", they printed a timeline of the Jewish kings that simply ignored the discrepancies. In the newer Insight book, 99% derived from the Aid book, the "Chronology" subject has been extenstively revised. In particular, the timeline of Jewish kings has been removed. Obviously, the Society knows that this timeline cannot stand up under scrutiny. This leaves JWs like unscholar with no support whatsoever for their claim that the Society has a solid timeline. It's obvious that poor unscholar is so ignorant of his cult's teachings that he doesn't even understand this.

AlanF

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    When I asked about the 587 vs. 607 "debate" they kind of gave me the "it's 587 duh" look.

Thats because there IS NO DEBATE. The only debate is in the minds of dildo's like scholar... No one else even understands what your talking about when you ask a REAL scholar "well what happened in 607" they say "ummmm nothing happened in 607 who said something did?" It's like asking "well what happened in 402 or 315 or 189545725..." It's like pick a number at random!

The reality is that JW's don't care they are getting away from dates because they are tired or getting hit with the pie everytime the door opens but they will not admit they were wrong EVER! In a few more years there will be a blurb in a watchtower that says 587 (happened once in 92 already) and then people like "scholar" will be defending that date and pretending 607 (or was it 697... go edit your post pin-head) never happened... It's constant with these fools it's the only break scholar gets from his janitorial job and gets to think in his own mind that he's a big shot!

• mkr32208
    mkr32208
    Of course, a great deal of imagination on the part of JWs helps by blowing hot air upward under the house

Yeah but which hole is scholar's air coming out of?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Just asked my wife and she said that the belief is that jeruselem wasn't destroyed in 607 but was emptied of all people then... Then the dudes came back and destroyed the empty city in 587 must be...

Must be some new light just for her!

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog
    It has been proved! How would a JW handle this? Look at scholar! I'm sure he will respond soon.

"How would a JW handle this?" Now you know! Need anyone say anything else? Thankyou scholar! BTW We are all waiting for that list of kings and the dates of their reigns

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz
    How would you have responed to such proof when you were a JW?

*sticks fingers in ears*....*humms to self*.... lalalalalalalalalalalalala

J

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

lol did your wife really say that mkr?

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Yep swear to god she just did! She even went so far as to try to find it on the CD... When she couldnt' it was the start of another fight... Freaking cultist! The kicker is that she knows they are full of $hit but won't leave! She says stuff like "were else will the girls find friends!" Too which I reply "not real friends though just friends as long as they believe or claim to believe the same things right?..." It's just a big circle argument that we have been having for years... I'm going to write the arguments down and label them like 1-50 (or maybe 1- 1million) then when we argue we can just save time and use the numbers... "well argument 4, ha screw you argument 18, yeah you can kiss my butt argument 32!!!"

See it can be easy to be married to a witless you just have to be organized!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit