BE LIKE PRINCE.......

by Gill 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Gill
    Gill

My older sister, always a devout JW, or so we were led to believe......recently left home and went to live with her boyfriend!

Hubby and self are faders, fading very nicely so far. We went round for sunday dinner at my parents, who are devout JWs and they had also invited my sister and her boyfriend. After dinner, mum gets out the sunday paper and opens it up to a section on Prince.

'See!' Mum says holding the paper up in front of sister and bf. 'Even Prince has become a Jehovah's Witness. He has cleaned up his life like his mother asked him and got married. He gives talks and goes out on the preaching work. He is a baptised Witness. Why can't you be more like him...!!!!!!!'

Needless to say sister and me started laughing. For a very long time.......

The boyfriend started singing Prince songs....

That's about as Princelike as they're gonna get!

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

Hmm sounds like the kind of thing my Mum would come out with.

Just sing the lyrics to "little Nikki"to her in future

• Golf
    Golf

Hey, I wish I had his MONEY! That would would have been tough to swallow whatever she was eating.

• Gill
    Gill

Hi fleaman! LOL!

I think that's what the borfriend was singing, under his breath, whilst scowling....

Just shows though, that you only need to put on a show of being a JW, put in hours, talks, baptism, and other JWs are willing to put up with anything you do except for smoking, apostasy and fornication. The three unforgivable sins!

It seems to me that you only have to be willing to use the name 'Jehovah' and it's like some magical talisman that makes you a member of the 'survival club'.

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I think that's what the borfriend was singing, under his breath, whilst scowling....

Gill i hope your Sister doesnt agree with that assessment?

• Gill
    Gill

Does Prince write all his own songs, lyrics, music etc?

Just wondering.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Just shows though, that you only need to put on a show of being a JW, put in hours, talks, baptism, and other JWs are willing to put up with anything you do except for smoking, apostasy and fornication. The three unforgivable sins!

So well said.

• blondie
    blondie

I thought JWs were supposed to be like Christ?

I wonder if the mom knows about the after-Oscars party Prince gave? I wonder how many JWs were there besides him and his wife? Do you think the party stayed within the WTS size limits?

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

LOL ....

I wonder if he wears those little pants with the butt-cheeks exposed to meetings? Or field service?

Now that's a witness I'd invite in coffee.

taylorS

• rebel8
    rebel8
    He has cleaned up his life like his mother asked him and got married.

...and he shares makeup and clothes with his mom and wife, too.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit