HOW WOULD A WITNESS ANSWER THIS?

by Mary 27 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

Good answer, defd. You make an assumption, though. You figure that aldemall left because her circumstances got bad. A lot of Jehovah's Witnesses make that mistake.

Jesus taught us that if our foundation is sure, the house will stand and nothing will be able to tear it down. The deep betrayal I hear from many former witnesses is that they found that the foundation of the Watchtower Society is rotten. Once we are on shaky ground, none of our mental structures can help. We can buttress them with wishful thinking, blame the storm and the waves, but the truth is, our assurance was put in to tissue paper.

My faith in God is unassailable. I have no faith in the Watchtower Society.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

There mind control would immediately kick in and they would think...

Is this conversation encouraging? or discouraging? Because the question is aimed at making them think then they are likely to suggest the latter...and say 'I do not rely upon mens interpretation of what is and is not true and trust the bible WTS'

And into the trap they fall....because there is no kin difference.

• Golf
    Golf

Mary, questions of this nature don't 'penetrate!'

Golf

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

I recently read a Joseph Rutherford quote "religion and christianity are the exact opposite of each other". I think Jesus recognised that the Pharisees were very religious, but...When did Watchtower change its mind on this? Was it when they needed to register as religions for tax benefits - new light eh?

• MAHABA
    MAHABA

For my part, when I was a witness, I stuck to God, not to the "organization", our "holy Mother"(LOL), So to the question, I use to give the answer, as long as Iam convinced that they are the closest to the Bible, I keep following them. Ivan

• tata
    tata

Maybe the only answer you receive is the one that Jesus gave to Peter: ?Mark 8:33 But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that be of men.?

So go behind her, because you do not think like God. LOL

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Re: What Bethel Taught Me About SuperRighteous People

One would have been more inclined to read beyond this title if it had read "What I came to Believe about a Righteous God and what I learned about Bethel " but these kinds of expressions don't win 'friends'.

• mama
    mama

dostpreferhmm, trying to get a visual here. yeah, that's it!

lonely nerdy type, sitting with dictonary by keyboard looking for large words to inflat his already supersized ego, or possibly supersmall ego.

laughing evilly as he precieves he is mentally superior to everyone on this forum, oh, wait, interrupted by mommy yelling in the background that its time to study the watchtower.

wonders what losing his virginity would be like after saying his prayers each night using superbig words and boring God to sleep with his neverending need to show his intelligence or lack thereof

hmm, wonder if i am close? he he, just joking dost, well, kind of

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit