I was called by a JW wanting a favor...

by Dawn 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Dawn
    Dawn

Yep - you read that right.

I had a message on my answering machine - a JW I used to know long ago, left a message, wanting me to help out with some legal matters (I have worked for the criminal justice system for about 15 yrs now).

My husband just about had a cow - here's someone who wouldn't talk to me at the grocery store, but has no problem talking to me if they need something? I thought to myself, could this person really be that nieve about human social situations - ie: if you're going to be mean to someone, don't expect a favor from them .

Ok ok, I know - I should show more christian attitude, turn the other cheek, and call this person back. But - I choose to ignore the call. I guess it's better than calling back and spewing out all of the things I'd REALLY like to say .

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Dawn -

I think you took the high Moral ground by not returning the call.... I prob would have called and spewed what was on my mind -

jeff

• JustTickledPink
    JustTickledPink

Let them call someone "worldly" and pay $50 to $100 an hour for a consultation fee. There is no reason you need to do anyone a "favor" that has treated you like dirt.

It's calling playing FAIR!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    here's someone who wouldn't talk to me at the grocery store, but has no problem talking to me if they need something?

Hell, that's no surprise. That's how they treated me when I was in "good standing" and pioneering?.

I should show more christian attitude

No. Display the JW attitude. See below:

Let them call someone "worldly" and pay $50 to $100 an hour for a consultation fee.

Alternatively, you can charge them a $100 p/h consulting fee yourself. (3 hour minimum). Make sure you get it in writing, or they'll stiff you. Once you've completed consultations, and received payment, tell them what you really think of them. Maybe you can even sabotage their case and get paid for it.

Walter

• Dragonlady76
    Dragonlady76

What nerve!

I wouldn't have called back either.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Ignoring the call is the rigth thing to do. Sort of like a reverse shunning.

You did the right thing!

DY

• kls
    kls

HEE,HEE sometimes paybacks come in mysterious ways,,,,,,,,,

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    sometimes paybacks come in mysterious ways,,,,,,,,,

That's what I was thinking. Why turn down a chance to get some dirt on them?

Walter

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

I wouldn't call back either. But if you do end up dealing with this person in the future based on some unforseen events, be careful what you say to them. Say as little as possible. The whole thing sounds too strange to me.

• bebu
    bebu

Obviously he thinks that since this is 'business', you should talk with him now.

I think the next question should be, what short reply will be good should he call back and you pick up?

"I think you should hire a lawyer who is a brother."

bebu

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit