A possible way to get JWs info w/out incriminating oneself?

by ithinkisee 17 Replies latest jw friends

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Good idea, I think I would just make some subtle changes to the original email and resent it back to them.

Will

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I love the idea but really feel strongly that in order to get them to not simply discard it then it has to look like a pro-jw letter.

The message must be so subtle that they don't even recognize it but it plants the smallest little seed of doubt or question in their minds.

As soon as they suspect that it is not genuine then it is over and they will block any further messages and tip everyone else off that they know.

You've gotten me thinking now....*grin*....writing and re-writing.....has to have just enough sappy dub-isms and mindless org drivel to not raise suspicion.

• Triple A
    Triple A

What you need to do is find out how to ghost an email address. Pick the highest ranking JW email address and send it by ghosting their address. That way it looks like it is coming from that person.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I don't think there's a right or wrong answer. You might get through to one or more dubs on the list. IMO, that would make it worthwhile.

You'd have to be careful not to be too "out there" (quote from a dub calling me that)...otherwise you'll send them running/screaming back into the arms of the wts, resolved to be a better dub so as to avoid Satan's influence in the future, lol.

Unfortunately, they are so brainwashed and taught to be paranoid, that the only way you can get through to them is to not come off at face value as saying anything against the dubs. IMO, in order to be effective, you'd have to write your ngo article looking as though you are taking a neutral or favorable stance toward the wts, put in the links, and hopefully the links will speak for themselves. (I'm willing to give you my opinion of your actual article....PM it to me if you want a 2nd opinion as to wording/content....sometimes it helps to have extra pairs of eyes look things over.)

Again unfortunately, this all sounds like being deceptive/tricky....that's what they accuse apostates of being....but it's because of their brainwashing that such techniques are the only possible effective ways to reach them. Or you could justify your techniques by claiming they're theocratic warfare, lol.

• Bryan
    Bryan

Perhaps next time, you receive one of the spam emails, you could edit it by adding one line of text, not too hot or too cold. That way it would stay in and continue the rounds.

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• rebel8
    rebel8

Bryan, what does "Have you seen my mother" mean?

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    At the very worst, it would get the Society to put out a "Stop sending links to friends" announcement in the KM or something.

LOL They've already done that, you know.

BTW... call me opinionated, but I think what you're contemplating is a violation of people's privacy, and I would be very pissed if I were in their shoes. I recognize I'm in the minority on that, however.

• dostprefer
    dostprefer

Re: A possible way to get JWs info w/out incriminating oneself?

perhaps this would be more accurately phrased "without committing oneself" Millions of people do that every day when they read the literature and check their bibles, without getting into conspiracy theory. The simplicity of elegance (and honesty). Doubtless there will be wordy tedious 'sure things' recommended. But if one wants to know who will win the race, ask the horse. Has to be the one in the lead though. Can we keep up?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit