Have you ever asked an elder...

by homme perdu 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Hello FDS:

After I realized that the Watchtower was run by scoundrels I associated with a group of Bible Students in Fort Worth, Texas for about two or three years. These folks do think that Russell was the FDS. He would say it was a "class" wink wink, nod nod, but everyone during his lifetime including himself thought it was he.

I did not accept the Pyramid, or the chronology, or ANY dates but was very impressed with their faith. I disagreed with them you was not shunned or marked. I bet that many Witnesses would be much happier as Bible Students if they only knew they are still around.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

To suggest that a question is an 'apostate question' is absolute classic avoidance tactics and just goes to show they havent a clue what they are talking about.

G

• mnb77
    mnb77

Now I don't know what the elder would say, but from watchtower publications, there is a peice from one for the wts and one for pastor russell: check it out:

• "Jesus foretold that among his people there would be a "faithful and discreet slave" class who would be providing the spiritual food to God's family of devoted servants on earth, acting as his channel of communication and overseeing the carrying out of the Kingdom interests world wide. ( Matt. 24:45-47 ) These anointed overseers serve as though being guided in their activities by the right hand of Christ." (Watchtower 1/15/1969, pages 51)

Compare this quote to a contradictory quote where it is declared that Charles Taze Russell is the faithful and discreet slave: "Thousands of the readers of Pastor Russell's writings believe that he filled the office of "that faithful and wise servant," and that his great work was giving to the Household of Faith meat in due season. His modesty and humility precluded him from openly claiming this title, but he admitted as much in private conversation." (Watchtower 12/1/1916, p. 357 )

I got this from http://www.carm.org/jw/docs/watch_1_15_69_p50-51.htm

they have a copy of the whole reading there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit