Have you ever asked an elder...

by homme perdu 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• homme perdu
    homme perdu

How and when did the WTBS determined they were the faithful discreet slave?

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Originaly Russell was the Faithfull and Discreet Slave. Russell himself would not admit it but NEVER said he was not.. After Russell's death the seventh volume of Studies in the Scriptures clearly said Russell was the FDS. Rutherford began to change many of Russell's teachings. As part of Rutherford's take over of the Bible Students in the late teens and the early 20's he claimed the WBTS through its directors were the FDS.

• Taylor S.
    Taylor S.

What a crock that is.

It reminds me of a time when I ask my mom how did the 144,000 know they were part of the 144,000? She said that they 'just know'.

The irony here is that the 'two' in our KH who were ... also happened to be known for something less celestial, like not having both oars in the water.

Hmmmmm ................

taylorS

• blondie
    blondie

Ask who the FDS was between 100 and 1879 A.D.?

• in a new york bethel minute
    in a new york bethel minute

ever notice that the less insecure people are, the less they brag? damn the watchtower must reallll insecure!

bethel

• Bluegrass Tom
    Bluegrass Tom

Blondie:

Excellent point! I thought the same as you do and asked my wife that this past weekend. I asked her a little differently. I said if you lived in the year 325 or 819 for example, who would be the FDS if in fact God was caring for people that way. She said that she had not considered this, but felt that there always was a FDS around somewhere. Some questions go unanswered.

• kwintestal
    kwintestal

Isn't the FDS composed of with members of the 144,000? If so, why the heck are there so many of the 144,000 remaining if there was over 2000 years of the number being dwindled down?

Kwin

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

Kwin makes a point that I used to wonder about when I was a Witness.

Since the FDS has supposedly existed from Pentecost 33 to the present wouldn't all the 144,000 have been chosen long before the time of Russell? During the 700 or 800's there were supposed to be a group called "fourteeners" in Latin that did not observe Easter but instead observed Nisan 14. They are looked on as possible FDS The Waldenses of 12th century Italy and France are pointed to as possible FDS. Wyclife in England and Huss in Bohemia in the 1400's and their circle are also mentioned. It is just not possible that all these people were not faithful to death and had to be replaced.

The numbers do not add up to support the 144,000 theory of the Watchtower.

• FDS
    FDS

" Originaly Russell was the Faithfull and Discreet Slave. Russell himself would not admit it but NEVER said he was not.. After Russell's death the seventh volume of Studies in the Scriptures clearly said Russell was the FDS. Rutherford began to change many of Russell's teachings. As part of Rutherford's take over of the Bible Students in the late teens and the early 20's he claimed the WBTS through its directors were the FDS. " Hello Robert, Actually it went like this. In 1879 Russell did believe that the servant mentioned in Matt: 24:24 was a class, composed of all Jehovah's servants (the whole body). In 1897 or there abouts he changed his mind and started to teach that this servant was now an individual. It's easy to see simply pick up his volume 4 of Millennial Dawn or Studies in the Scriptures page 613 and see for yourself. He also claimed that this servant would be very humble and would be replaced if he failed in his duties. In a 1904 wt, he stated again that the servant was an individual, not a class. As for "claiming" to be the servant, he certainly DID although the organiztion clearly covers up this fact and even Bro Mc Millian lies about this in "Faith on the march". In two places he claimed privately to be "that servant", one in the Studies in the Scriptures volume 1 page 7 of his "Biography" and in the "Finished Mystery" makes mention of Russell in private admitting to being so. It is also clear that he never denied being that servant, he published letters in HIS watchtower praising him as being that servant and even the 1911 Convention report supported starting in that very year by the Society calls Russell the Faithful and wise servant giving to the household meat in due season. FDS

• FDS
    FDS

"How and when did the WTBS determined they were the faithful discreet slave?" I think you can say for certain that Mr Mc Millian had a big part in this teaching. When Brother Russell died they thought that nothing more could be brought forth in relation to further scripture light because that servant was dead. So in 1916 Russell died, but did he not start the Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society for the purpose of feeding the Lord's children? What happened was Mc Millian convinced Rutherford that this Society was to REPLACE Russell as "that servant", no longer towards an individual but the Society itself. Who was left after Russell in the feeding of his domestics? The Society organized by him and appointed from the Lord. Truth is the Editorial Committee by Russell in his will acted like a Governing Body until 1932 when Rutherford assumed total control by himself. There was no GB like we know today till much later although there were "helpers" but it was Rutherford who held all the keys who called all the shots. Today, namely after the big shakeup at Brooklyn in the early 80s the president lost this power, Franz was not at all happy with this but being the good JW (Bless his little heart) he went along because he had too. It's almost laughable how the current GB tell the story about their appointement, like a GB was always there back in 1914. Truth is the only spokesperson at that time was Russell. So now they hide these facts and print that Jesus really did found a slave class upon his return in Kingdom power and appointed this slave class over all his belongings. They have in essense did what hitler did, re-written their own history to place themselves in a position of authority of all Jehovah's Witnesses. FDS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit