To Active COs/DOs

by Maximus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Hey TJ,

The WTS is not the organization I grew up in. Maybe it never was

My husband grew up in S.Carolina, 3rd generation jw. He says the way it is now - it's always been that way. He learned to live two lives, one for parents/brothers (no elders back then) - one so he could breathe. He lived his "other life" in another city - no one to watch his every move.

I came in the jw's when 18 in 1968, Indiana. I didn't realize the rules for a while. They just came slowly, relentlessly. When under the haze, I just didn't realize that "don't do's", etc., were a constant companion.

I was taught, and believed, that I had found "new mothers, brothers, and sisters." I trusted. Back then, when we went to the assemblies/conventions, we left our purses, cameras, etc., on our seats. Partly as proof that we could trust our family.

Well, "our family" screwed my daughter. I trusted. I think that was one of the hardest things for me to get over - if I had not been taught, and innocently believed, that we were in a Spiritual Paradise - I might have been more watchful of my daughter.

But that's hindsight. It might have happened anyway, but perhaps I wouldn't have felt so guilty at being so damned gullible. Big mistake.

waiting

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner

Isnt it amazing how an R&F JW can be labeled "bad association" for so many minor infractions, but child molesters will be shielded by the org. in order to save face!!!???!!!

Boozy

• Maximus
    Maximus

"Who is on the Lord's side?"

Last call.

Maximus

• JAVA
    JAVA

Maximus,

Your last post causes me to think you're not getting many responses from the active COs and DOs. When the program airs perhaps they'll write letters of complaint. I guess it's better being victims than pro-active to show how Satan is out to get them.

--JAVA
    counting time at the Coffee Shop

• Maximus
    Maximus

Quite the contrary, JAVA, I've had an astonishing number of genuine responses. (Can you spell FEAR?) Some non JWs have also offered their services as well.

This is just a way of saying the door is closing on specific opportunities. Silentlambs has expressed it less delicately ....

My expression would be received by many as the cry of Jehu. You remember him, of course. "Is it peace?" The sentinel described his chariot driving habits: "It looks like the driving of Jehu son of Nimshi; for he drives like a maniac."

Uh, wasn't there something in 2 Kings about seventy heads put in baskets? 2 Kings 10:11 tells the result of some house-cleaning.

Max

• anon
    anon

Maximus - Any possibility of mentioning general drift of responses?

• Maximus
    Maximus

I'll post you privately because I do not want in the slightest to break confidence. Swamped just now, but I will respond.

The sample is skewed for obvious reasons. Hardliners would hardly be here.

I can say this: the thread running through all is deep concern and troubled hearts.

Maximus

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Bless you both, William Bowen and Maximus, for your tireless work on this project. I hope it succeeds!

RCat

• hippikon
    hippikon

I'd like to be on your mailing list too Maximus! (That does not mean you JanG)

• waiting
    waiting
    (That does not mean you JanG)

Cheap shot, hippi, but funny.

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit