To Active COs/DOs

by Maximus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• book_friend
    book_friend

Someone asked why the Watchtower heads don't just admit they do wrong keeping their policy enabling pedophiles.

It's because some of them have been pedophiles like Leo Greenlees was and never disfellowshipped for it.

In fact some of the guys in their now don't need to be there either.

Not to change the subject, but what if Dateline didn't air the story? Does anyone really think the mess would vanish? Fat chance.

I hope they dig into the backgrounds of all the Governing Body especially Sydlik and Barber.

I know a fellow who just went up to Bethel and was there just a month or two before coming back home. He must have told mom and dad some things they refused to believe. He was disfellowshipped which suit him fine. Parents would prefer to believe in the Almighty org than their own kid.

I knew another guy who told about discovering other Bethelites doing sodomy in one of the bathrooms up there. His wife just wouldn't believe it and she divorced him though they had a baby. Since then she's divorced her second husband too. I guess he isn't enough of a Watchtower man for her either.

There's so many cans of worms. Every guy on the Governing Body knows there's a file full of dirt on him. So why ask Why don't they say their policy is wrong and promise to do better?

Sounds easy. Imagine being in the organization 20-80 years, seeing its darkness suddenly and being upset over it but scared if you left them nobody would employ you, feed you, you'd be called a traitor, get crank calls and letters, smear your good name with whatever lies and half truths they've written up on you.

I too hope Dateline blows the lid on these things. Then men who've been with the org 20-80 and quit it will be seen as just doing what they should, and nobody would believe the rot told about them.

The way you tell if you're talking to a real Circuit or District Overseer is the same as how you tell if you talk to a real local Presiding Overseer. To reveal who they are they mark their conversations with verbal oddities, key words and some insider remarks.

If you call Brooklyn count on your phone call being recorded. If you tell an elder boo or pray something in your bedroom count on it being heard too. They really get their jollies out of listening to the boy and girl talk. "We must keep the congregations clean, after all, mustn't we" rot.

• troubled
    troubled

As a person who was molested as a child (not by a Witness), I am deeply interested in, and passionate about, this issue. Please post a message letting us know when this TV show will air, what time, what channel, etc. Or how we can get a copy of the show on video.

Thank You

• Jeremy Bravo
  • zev
    zev

book_friend said:

Every guy on the Governing Body knows there's a file full of dirt on him.

I beg to differ. gentely. In the spirit of the x-files...IF there were such files, they would do exactly what they do now ...cover it up. Those files would...disappear.

There is no "mulder" in the wtbts. there is no "scully". but...there should be.

The truth is out there....

TRUST NO ONE!

__
    Zev
    The greatest consistancy of the WTBTS is their INconsistancy.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

bttt for a guy who does a lot of good that a lot of people don't know about.

hawk

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

Thanks for posting Bill Bowen's letter Maximus. It answered alot of questions I had surrounding this issue.

I was unaware that 2 persons having some recollection of abuse from the same person in the past did not qualify as "2 witnesses". The references in the letter clarified that for me. Thank you.

Path

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Path,

That line of reasoning was used against my daughter. She was one abuse victim - the ministerial servant's own daughter was another.

Too bad they weren't the same victim of the ministerial servant. And too bad he didn't like an audience. Thus, a convenient loophole for elder jumping.

And they jumped.

waiting

• book_friend
    book_friend

Zev, not only do all major businesses keep files on their employes but also William Schnell, a Watchtower zone and district overseer back in Rutherford's days, wrote in his now out-of-print Thirty Years A Watchtower Slave that Rutherford had a file on him and maybe other top overseers. An amazon.com review of the book follows:

This book is well worth reading., February 8, 1998
    Reviewer: A reader from Ossining, New York

"Thirty Years" is well worth reading not only for those looking for an "insider" history of the Jehovah's Witnesses, but also for those interested in spiritual narratives in general. Schnell, clearly a man of integrity and strong spiritual feelings, experienced his time as a member of this millennial group -- during the formative and crucial years between the end of the bible students and the creation of the theocratic Jehovah's Witnesses -- as a painful struggle away from and then back to God. It is well written and a good, quick read, and the determinedly personal tone Schnell takes gives it a truly human flavor. It gives great insight into the personal experiences of living in a religion that is moving away from individual conscience and towards totalitarian conformity. I highly recommend it. --This text refers to the Paperback edition."

So, Zev, why not get yourself a copy by interlibrary loan, and read it.

Also go to the Human Resources section of any major corporation and ask if they don't keep personnel files regarding things like each employe's assignments, performance evaluations, disciplinary infractions and the like.

Ray Franz said in one of his books the Watchtower had judicial files on members stored in the basement, including of those who were dead.

• teejay
    teejay

A nation or society of people can be judged by how it treats its weakest, most defenseless members.

So can a religious organization. The WTS is not the organization I grew up in. Maybe it never was.

• hawkaw
    hawkaw

bttt

hawk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit