Musical video on JW-TV February monthly program - must see !!

by Viva la Vida 58 Replies latest jw friends

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    What about all the brothers we hear about all the time in Africa who swim through crocodile infested waters to get to the meeting carrying their cloths on the heads. How fair is that to those poor brothers who sacrifice their lives every time there is a meeting. It's all we hear about in the year book.  Yet this couple live in a very nice home and by the ocean.

We got them at the end - waving from their huts and dirt roads, tin roof KH with benches to sit on.

It was nice of Sam Herd to remind us that the org is completely unified.  I expect the brothers in Africa are looking forward to the glut of KH building with windows, air con, tarmac parking for 100 cars as per the images we have seen as proof of that unity.

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    Nosferatu. LOL! Good catch.
  • ctrwtf
    ctrwtf
    Hello Dolly meets RuPaul
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel

... If you could see what I seeeee...     When hot girls bend forward to look at me

https://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/bend-at-the-waist-13.jpg

That is definitely a perspective.. all right!

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I have a feeling that my family would feel the cart was just great!!  They think all the JW swag and the 144,000 Club is just the best, as it makes the Kingdom message more relevant. 

WTH does that even mean??? I guess something being true is not enough to keep it relevant? These types of stunts by the WTBTS reek of desperation, IMO. They are hoping that when they are exposed in court, they have enough followers left to keep the new HQ's light bill paid up. 

DD

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Data-Dog - "These types of stunts by the WTBTS reek of desperation, IMO."

Almost word-for-word what a knowledgeable coworker of mine said recently.

Data-Dog - "They are hoping that when they are exposed in court, they have enough followers left to keep the new HQ's light bill paid up."

What about pleading insanity?

• Magnum
    Magnum
    Data-Dog: These types of stunts by the WTBTS reek of desperation, IMO.

That's something to think about; the org does seem desperate. It seems to be trying so hard to stay afloat and to be relevant and not be viewed as an old stodgy has-been. I really think the higher-ups are scared; I think they see the writing on the wall: "MENE, MENE, TEKEL and PARSIN". They're throwing Hail Mary passes hoping one or some will be caught.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Magnum - "It seems to be trying so hard to stay afloat and to be relevant and not be viewed as an old stodgy has-been."

The cult equivalent of a mid-life crisis, huh?

Sometimes it seems to me like a nervous breakdown, too (I've seen a nervous breakdown; I know what one looks like)...

...and/or if it's entering the "frustration" or "nightmare" stage of the wishful thinking process (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wishful_thinking).

• MissFit
    MissFit

Look at it from their point of view. It must be nice to watch something that is not making you feel guilty or someone saying something negative.

This is a feel good song that is thrown in after a bunch of guilt inducing pieces. 

Anything different will be appreciated.

We do something similar at workshops and trainings I go to for work.  They throw some humor or entertainment in because your attention starts wandering, then they hit you with "serious"stuff when you are relaxed and can refocus. 

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit