Comments You Will Not Hear At The 2-27-05 WT Study

by blondie 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Ticker. Interesting thought. The WT would be seen differently by a non witness who read it.

I was one of those "Unfortunates" who attended todays meeting . It was not so bad, I spent the public talk reading the Bible , while a totally inept speaker bored the pants off the congregation, and then the WT this week had some points that I noted to memtion later on Blondie's thread . So the time was not wasted.

Par 3 "As early as the 1870's, before the last days commenced, Jehovah God began to shed more light on the sacred secrets of the kingom of the heavens. At that time a group of bible students discerned - contrary to public opinion - that Christs return was to be invisible"

Excuse me, that is so misleading as to be an outright fib! As I recall, and Blondie pointed out, in the 1870's they taught that the last days had begun. . Only much later did they teach that the return and last days commenced in 1914.

Par 5. I have never understood the WT explanation of 2 Pet 1.19. If the daystar is Jesus Christ and it refers to his "Rising" in 1914, how does the phrase "In your hearts" fit in ? (never really grasped the meaning of the transfiguration either, but maybe that is just me!)

Par 18 "this invincible king of kings will rescue Jehovahs loyal worshippers and annihilate all their enemies" ... I thought it was chilling. A very nice and attractive young elders wife answered this. She has blonde hair blue eyes . A decent girl who would not hurt anyone, but she said , in her gentle 'tinkerbell voice' something like "When God acts to destroy his enemies then all of the opposers will be killed, except Jehovahs Witnesses".. What a horrible act of mass slaughter and genocide she was calmly advocating !...An act that would dwarf all the bloodshed and evil of man's doing, but she wants it to happen. And they say that We are the blinded ones

Par. 21 "perhaps some have found the publications of the faithful and discreet slave hard to grasp. If this has happened to you, we urge you to study gods word with renewed zeal" I did find it "hard to grasp" , I did study and investigate and my questions got deeper and my doubts grew bigger . The more I studied , the more confused I got, until the penny dropped and here I am today!!.

So I fully support that bit of counsel from the "F & D S" "Study the Bible objectively and see what you find...

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    Par 3 " As early as the 1870's, before the last days commenced, Jehovah God began to shed more light on the sacred secrets of the kingom of the heavens. At that time a group of bible students discerned - contrary to public opinion - that Christs return was to be invisible"

Excuse me, that is so misleading as to be an outright fib! As I recall, and Blondie pointed out, in the 1870's they taught that the last days had begun. . Only much later did they teach that the return and last days commenced in 1914.

At the same time was god also shedding the light on subjects such as vaccinations being from the devil? The measuring of the great pyramids? AND all the other whacko teachings that Russell and his cohorts came up with at that period of time and the time to follow. How can they claim to be god's channel of truth and preach that god cannot lie? Oh yeh, the light gets brighter...

cybs

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

There apparently has been a change in understanding as to what Elijah and Moses represent. I went to my first meeting in six months today because the Circuit Overseer was there and I wanted to see what had to say. There was a shortened version of the WT and I didn't hear any comment about a change during the study; however, during the final prayer, the CO made reference to the adjustment in our understanding of what Elijah and Moses represented. Thanks for your info as now I won't have to look it up.

• M.J.
    M.J.

The simmering hostility toward religion in many parts of the world is an indication that the days of false religion are numbered.

Soon Jehovah will move the world?s political elements (in the UN) to unite in efforts to expose and devastate the spiritual harlot Babylon the Great. (Revelation 17:15-17; 18:21).

Hostility toward Non-JW religion is proof that it is "false".

Hosility toward the JW religion is proof that it is right.

• Buck
    Buck

where is it printed that you could not have a organ transplant before 1980 but could after 1980?

• truth_about_the_truth
    truth_about_the_truth
    Soon Jehovah will move the world?s political elements (in the UN) to unite in efforts to expose and devastate the spiritual harlot Babylon the Great. (Revelation 17:15-17; 18:21).

Later in the article it states that an all out attack will be upon JW AFTER the destruction of false religion.

If the political elements decide to get rid of religion altogether, why would they leave the JW out?

Yeah right, the govts view the JW as a 'special' religion.

This is spiritual narcissism at its very best.

• blondie
    blondie

A good site to bookmark:

http://quotes.watchtower.ca/transplant.htm

WT publication transplant quotes.

If the political elements decide to get rid of religion altogether, why would they leave the JW out?

The WTS has suggested that the organization will hide out in the confusion and when the dust clears...then they will see that the WTS has not been destroyed.

w96 8/15 p. 19 Will You Be Saved When God Acts? ***

This is where Jesus? words found at Matthew 24:22 will be fulfilled on a large scale. As the chosen ones in Jerusalem appeared to be at risk, Jehovah?s servants might seem in danger of being eliminated during the attack on religion, as if that attack would wipe out all "flesh" of God?s people. Yet, let us bear in mind what happened back in 66 C.E. The tribulation caused by the Romans was cut short, allowing God?s anointed chosen ones ample opportunity to escape and remain alive. Thus, we can rest assured that the destructive attack on religion will not be allowed to kill off the global congregation of true worshipers. It will proceed quickly, as if "in one day." Somehow, though, it will be cut short, will not be allowed to complete its objective, so that God?s people can be "saved."?Revelation 18:8.

• heathen
    heathen

What I find interesting is that they do have a completely different take on this stuff than other religions . You ask any christian fundy and they will say that modern day Israel is the catalyst for the coming of the messianic kingdom . Nations attack them such as russia even , I heard some televangelist talking about this on sunday . I know I don't believe it for a second . I think what the WTBTS is saying is that all other religions are taking active parts in politics around the globe and that the WT is not ,so the bible says that the 7 headed beast attacks the " apostates " because God directs them to and the beast goes off into destruction but the lamb beast remains convincing all the world that it is in fact the 7 headed beast and forces it's corrupt system of government on all others , the small and the great . The lamb beast itself is over thrown by the messianic kingdom . In WT speak the 7 headed beast is the UN and the lamb beast is the US and UK .

• sun_dae
    sun_dae

I asked it with the one I am studying with and he said "because JWs do not participate in politics".

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

:I asked it with the one I am studying with and he said "because JWs do not participate in politics". LMAO. That is pretty funny. I would seriously think the opposite would be the case.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit